Our Malibu Club review provides a list of verified offers and an in-depth and researched online casino description. The decision is yours, so get informed!
Malibu Club vs. Market Standards
Industry standard: NZ$10
Industry standard: NZ$10
Industry standard: NZ$5,000
Industry standard: 2 days
Industry standard: 2 Mins
Industry standard: 2 days
Industry standard: 500
Industry standard: 100% up to NZ$200
|100% up to NZD 2500|
- The website interface is easy to navigate, with clear buttons, useful links in the page footer, and a great organisation of the available games into evident tabs. The site loads quickly, and it is a piece of cake to follow its terms and conditions. However, some buttons repeat themselves (like Promotions, Terms & Conditions, etc.) while other pages are completely missing (Responsible Gambling).
- Only two of the most popular payment methods on the New Zealand gambling market are available: Visa and MasterCard. Withdrawals can only be made using Bank Wire, and only four currencies are available for transaction. However, the casino accepts NZD and cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin).
- The pokies provided by the casino are developed by iSoftBet and Betsoft, two providers quite renowned in the gambling industry. However, these are the only two providers available on the website. Most of the Video Slots are also licensed by BTG, and NZ gamblers can play a few Table games like Baccarat, Blackjack, and Roulette, but there are no Live dealer games.
- Even though there are no cashback, no deposit or daily drops bonuses, the Welcome package is quite hefty, offering different deals for the first five deposits, including match offers and free spins, granting a great boost to NZ gamblers who have just joined the casino.
- You can use the email address which is quite easy to find on the website if you click the Contact Us button in the page footer. On the bottom right corner of the screen, you can access the live chat any day, at any hour, as long as you are logged in. However, there is no phone number available.
- The casino holds a Curacao license.
Malibu Club promotions
Malibu Club promotions can be easily accessed and played through. With CasinoAlpha expert guidance, you will learn all about the casino before you ever play!Read more
Games contribute differently
The first crucial detail for NZ gamblers playing Malibu Club promotions is that not all games count towards meeting the wagering requirements in the same way.
Here’s an overview of what types of games are available and their contributing percentages:
|Game type||Contribution (per cent)|
Once they start depositing and claiming Malibu Club promotions, NZ gamblers will have an active cash balance and bonus balance.
Our team of gambling professionals personally signed up with the gambling platform. We tested its facilities for a complete Malibu Club review. As you start playing and continue to place wagers, funds will be transferred from the bonus balance to the cash balance. This means that wagering is completed using promotional funds.
NZ gamblers cannot withdraw from their bonus balance. They can not cash out their cash balance unless they have completely played through their promotional funds, meaning that the onus balance is zero.
Unless the deal terms state otherwise, the generally restricted games when it comes to Malibu Club promotions are:
- Pontoon 21;
- Pai Gow Poker;
- Sic Bo.
NZ gamblers are advised never to use Malibu Club promotions on any games specified as restricted when meeting a bonus wagering requirements. All related winnings will be taken away from the player cash balance. This can happen even after the requirements are met.
Can your Malibu Club offers be cancelled?
Absolutely. That is why it is vital for NZ gamblers to consult expert casino evaluations, such as our Malibu Club review.
A bonus can be void in the case of flagrant misconduct, like being a professional gambler and using the promotions to your gain. The casino has a strong policy that its products are meant to be strictly recreational.
Moreover, NZ gamblers should not use Malibu Club promotions to accumulate a game feature and use it when the bonus is played through. They should neither get free rounds and use an extra deposit or offer to redeem a special game feature. In this case, the site will void any related winnings and will not refund any payments.
The following activities could also lead to losing Malibu Club promotions and any winnings:
- Opening more than one account with the casino;
- Withdrawing before completing the wagering requirements for Malibu Club promotions;
- Using any group play scheme or cheating strategies;
- Living in a country that the casino does not accept;
- Being underage.
As you can see, you can make errors by not being informed or simply not paying attention to details. Never worry! The Malibu Casino review is here to fill you in on everything you need to know.
NZ gamblers can only participate in one offer at any one time. Claiming other Malibu Casino offers while still playing an active promotion is strictly forbidden and will result in voiding your winnings.
What are the wagering requirements?
Wagering requirements usually vary for different Malibu Club offers. However, in our Malibu Club review, you will find a few general guidelines.
Let’s get a better idea about playing at this online gambling platform!
Unless the terms and conditions of specific Malibu Club promotions present other wagering requirements, offers must be played through at least 40 times before proceeding to withdraw. Some welcome packages or deals with more than 100% represent one exception, as they must be wagered at least 50 times.
Usually, Malibu club offers will expire in 30 days, so the playthrough conditions should be met while the deals are still available. Any offers that imply free spins remain available for three days, which is relatively short in the industry.Read less
30 SIGN UP SPINS + 100% UP TO NZ$2500 + 30 SPINS
Malibu Club is an online casino licensed by Curacao with over 100 pokies developed by the game providers iSoftBet and Betsoft.
Pros: user-friendly interface, in-browser mobile app, 24/7 live chat
Cons: no Live dealer games.The Malibu Club treasure:
- 30 spins when you first sign up;
- 1st payment: 100% up to NZ$2,500 plus 30 spins;
- 2nd payment: 100% up to NZ$2,500 plus 30 spins;
- 3rd payment: 100% up to NZ$2,500 plus 30 spins;
- 4th payment: 50% up to $1,250 plus 15 spins;
- 5th payment: 50% up to $1,250 plus 15 spins.
This bonus expires after two weeks of claiming it.
Generally, free spins on deposit are only available for three days and then they expire.
This casino provides expert tips at the beginning of each slot game.
NZ$6 NO DEPOSIT BONUS AS 30 ROUNDS
NZ$6 as 30 free rounds on registration.Our professional advice:
- This benefit received with no payment required must be used on the Take the Bank slot game;
- You must ensure that you have received no other Malibu Club promotion before, you have barely signed-up, and your account balance is NZ$0 in order to keep the incentive;
- You are not allowed to claim one no payment required reward after another, consecutively. You must use at least one payment match incentive in between.
Cast an eye over the offer on our page and the details we gathered and decide if it’s a right fit for you. Then, click on the offer. Once you are on the landing page, all you need to do is sign up.
The reward could be yours in a few minutes!
30 FREE SPINS ON REGISTRATION
30 extra free spins once you register.Expert tips and recommendations:
- Winnings derived from extra rotations must be wagered 50 times before you can cash out;
- Wagering on Roulette, Baccarat, Craps or Sic Bo to meet the wagering conditions is not allowed. We recommend you check the T&Cs to spot any excluded games;
- It is forbidden to make a deposit while you are still wagering extra rounds. However, in case this happens, the remaining wagering for the extra rounds still applies;
- If you win more or less than NZ$100 and attempt to cash it all out once you complete the wagering requirements, your request will be denied by the casino.
First and foremost, create your Malibu Club account and receive your 30 extra rotations. The only conditions are that you are a new player and your account balance is NZ$0.
Does that sound like you? Then grab those extra rounds!
Addiction is a sickness. Gambling addiction shouldn't be taken lightly. Get educated and understand the effects of problem gambling. We aim to inform all our CasinoAlpha customers regarding the harsh reality of gambling addiction through educational and informative guides.
- Live casino
- Fast withdrawal
- VIP program
- Company name:
- Merus UK Limited
- Registration number:
- Online since:
- 14 George Street, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Merus UK Limited owns this casino. This company had about £127,561 net worth and total assets value of £377,848 in 2019.
While the owning company is quite small, it is held by Audeo NV, a popular organization in the gambling industry. Audeo NV is registered at Heelsumstraat 51 E-Commerce Park
in Curaçao and owning multiple online casinos.
The Malibu Club promotions benefit from extra security, so NZ gamblers can rest assured that their details and any data exchanges are protected by SSL connection. Moreover, this gambling site benefits from regular gaming authority audits.
This casino operates under a Curacao license. These licenses are often acquired easily in the absence of a strict regulatory basis. Thus we encourage NZ gamblers to proceed with caution when relying on the trustworthiness of Curacao-licensed casinos.
Setting up an account to create a complete Malibu Club review was relatively simple, and it took around five minutes. Let's go through it together, step by step!
The basic information needed at sign-up includes full name, age, gender, full address, postcode, phone number, and, of course, a functioning email address. It’s crucial to provide an email address that you can have quick access to. You will not be able to access your account until you verify your email.
The registration process is accompanied by Inclave technology, which enables heightened password security and allows Google to remember your password with added protection.
Know Your Customer procedure
Once you have completed the playthrough requirements of Malibu Club promotions and would like to cash out, the casino will verify your identity.
No withdrawals will be processed unless you have verified your identity first by following the Know Your Customer procedure. The simplest version of KYC, which validates the account, requires NZ gamblers to a copy of a photo ID issued by the government, front and back. This needs to be emailed to email@example.com.
Afterwards, you should send another email to firstname.lastname@example.org and add email@example.com to CC, with the following documents attached:
- Name and address of your bank;
- Name of the account beneficiary;
- Beneficiary account number;
- SWIFT/BIC code;
- BSB Number;
- The address of the account beneficiary (who should be you).
Processing all these details will take the casino up to two days.
A useful and complete Malibu Club review requires a close look at how the website behaves in multiple circumstances. That’s exactly what we did!
We tested how the platform behaves on the most popular devices in New Zealand. Take a look:
|Lenovo ThinkPad E15||WIFI||Mozilla Firefox|
|Huawei Mate XS||5G||Google Chrome|
|iPad Pro 12.9||5G||Safari|
With a relaxing red-and-white vacation theme, the website's graphics contribute to a light, laid-back atmosphere.
The pages load quite quickly, so NZ players don’t have to wait around or lose interest. The interface is also quite intuitive, and it displays:
- Casino information in the page footer;
- Important buttons such as the website home, promotions, banking information, the FAQ tab, and various tabs for casino policy and terms and conditions at the bottom of the page;
- Quick buttons for games and promotions at the top of your screen;
- A comprehensive menu on the top left corner showing tournaments, promotions, banking, and other links;
- A link to gamblers’ anonymous on the bottom of the screen.
The Cashier tab displays deposit and withdrawal options, coupons, and a history of your transactions. NZ gamblers can also access their accounts by clicking on the account icon on the top right.
There, you can check your bonus and withdrawable balances, as well as the playthrough balance meaning the funds you still need to wager.
Many buttons repeatedly appear on the screen (for example, the Promotions or Terms and Conditions tabs). However, specific buttons are more difficult to find or inexistent, like the Responsible Gambling tab.
The mobile experience of Malibu Club promotions is not so different from the desktop experience.
The graphics work just as well on a phone screen, and most links can be found in the same place. As the page header narrows down due to the mobile screen dimensions, some buttons disappear.
However, NZ gamblers can still find the account icon and Cashier button and the classic three dots for the menu at the beginning of the page. The footer also remains the same, and so do the Menu buttons. Live chat operators can be contacted by clicking the specific icon on the bottom right corner.
The same promotions and games can be found on mobile and desktop versions, as the gambling site is perfectly adapted for mobile usage. Unfortunately, there are no desktop or mobile apps for NZ gamblers to download to play at a better speed.
- Table games
- Video Poker
- Live Baccarat
- Live Blackjack
- Live Casino
- Live Roulette
- Scratch cards
- Sic Bo
- Online lottery
Malibu Club promotions can be played on a relatively restricted number of games, with a little over 120 titles.
However, these include game types that are very popular with NZ gamblers, such as high-quality pokies, a few Table games with beloved card games such as Baccarat and Blackjack, and specialty games like Roulette and Video poker. NZ gamblers also have access to a few Jackpots.
Game categories can be found on a noticeable bar at the beginning of the page. They are organized as Video Slots, Card Games, and Specialty Games. On the same bar, New Zealanders will find a tab incorporating all the games available on the website and another tab with the most popular titles chosen by the site's experts.
Another interesting feature is that NZ gamblers can use different filters to find their favourite games, according to the tab they are on, as we will show in the table below:
|Our Popular Picks||No filters|
|Video Slots||Provider, features, themes, paylines|
|Card Games||Features, themes|
|Specialty Games||Features, themes|
|All Games||Provider, features, themes, paylines|
All tabs have the option to filter games according to their release date, so you can also check out the newest titles on the New Zealand gambling market. If neither filter works for you or if you have a specific game in mind, you can always use the search bar and type in the title of your favourite game or preferred provider.
We explored the titles available to provide you with all the necessary insight into our Malibu club review. Let's take a good look at what we found!
More than 100 Video slots await NZ gamblers to come and take a spin. We tested out the most popular ones and a few of the latest additions to the market, and these are our top recommendations:
- Back to Venus;
- Wishing Wheel;
- Gold Digger;
- Night Queen;
- Aztec Gold Megaways;
- The Ruby Megaways;
- Hot Spin Deluxe;
- Lucky Dragon;
- Astro Magic;
- The Nutcracker;
- Lucky Lady.
Most pokies available on this site are developed by iSoftBet, and Big Time Gaming also licenses the Megaways games.
Bets on the available Video slots range from 0.20 to 20, with a coin value of 0.10. However, once you deposit, you will increase the coin value, which may shift the wagering limit.
Table games are distributed into two categories:
- Eight card games including Blackjack, Baccarat, and Punto Banco;
- Six specialty games comprised of Roulette and Video Poker tables.
Let’s dive into some of the most interesting titles and their minimum and maximum bet limits:
- Baccarat: 1 – 500;
- Blackjack Royal Pairs: 0.1 – 100;
- Blackjack Multi Hand: 0.1 – 100;
- Blackjack Multi Hand VIP: 10 – 1000;
- Gem Roulette: 0.1 – 25;
- Roulette Silver: 0.1 – 25;
- European Roulette VIP: 10 – 50.
All of the games, be they Table games or Video Slots, have a unique feature: as you wait for the Slot you selected to load, a pro tip will appear on the screen, informing you of the latest Malibu Club promotions and special payment deals.
- There are no Live dealer games available, although the website advertises that it provides such games and mentions a far larger number of games than what we found.
- The site advertises that it provides a loyalty programme for NZ gamblers. However, according to live chat operators, the programme is still a work in progress. It cannot be accessed at the moment.
Quick comparison between casinos
|Casino||Rating||Min. deposit||Min. withdrawal||Max. cashout||Payout Time||Register time||KYC Time||Slot games||Bonus|
| ||NZD 20||NZD 100||NZD 10000||+3 days||5 mins||1-2 days||100||100% up to NZD 2500|
| ||NZD 10||NZD 20||NZD 1000000||1 day||1 min||1 day||2100||100% up to NZD 100|
| ||NZD 5||NZD 20||NZD 20000||+3 days||2 mins||2-3 days||800||100% up to NZD 3000|
| ||NZD 20||NZD 10||NZD 7000||2 days||1 min||1-2 days||800||-|
| ||NZD 20||NZD 10||NZD 7000||2 days||2 mins||1-2 days||1000||-|
| ||NZD 10||NZD 50||NZD 1000000||3 days||3 mins||2-3 days||650||-|
| ||NZD 10||NZD 5||NZD 100000||2 days||10 mins||1 day||2500||100% up to NZD 2000|
| ||NZD 10||NZD 5||NZD 22500||3 days||3 mins||3 days||950||200% up to NZD 400|
Accessing Malibu Club promotions implies a few rules, which we will explain below, for NZ gamblers to take informed action regarding their gameplay.
First and foremost, using a credit card requires NZ gamblers to complete a special authorization form and send it to the casino by email, along with a front copy of the card they chose to use.
This casino allows two crypto payments, but it does not show their values in BTC or LTC, but rather in NZD. For the sake of transparency, we have presented them as we've seen them on the site.
You will receive an email notification once you complete the credit card deposit. It may be a good idea to save the email or print it out along with the game's rules so that you know exactly what your rights and obligations are.
When dealing with deposit Malibu Club promotions, even though the rules allow you to use the bonus funds on all games, 50% of your gameplay should be used on Slots. Otherwise, you stand to lose your winnings.
- Specific fees may apply for processing payout requests. Depending on the payment service used and the withdrawal amount, you may need to pay a processing fee that is no higher than 40.
- If NZ gamblers have multiple cash-out requests pending approval, the casino may merge them into one larger payment. Conversely, in huge payout amounts, one payout request may be approved as several smaller payments. Nonetheless, Jackpot wins should generally be withdrawn in full, according to casino policy.
A withdrawal request placed after completing wagering requirements must always exceed the sum between the total bonus funds and the deposit you made for that specific bonus. If you meet this condition and fulfil the KYC requirements, your withdrawal request should be approved without any issues.
The first two withdrawals of each calendar month and any cash-out that exceeds 300 will be processed without any fees.
|Payment||Min deposit||Max deposit||Min withdrawal||Max withdrawal||Withdrawal_time|
|NZD 30||NZD 250||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|NZD 30||NZD 250||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|NZD 20||NZD 100||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|NZD 20||NZD 250||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|NZD 20||NZD 100||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|N/A||N/A||NZD 100||NZD 2500||5-7 days|
- No phone available
- Live chat:
- Can be accessed when logged in.
NZ gamblers who encounter difficulties or queries when accessing Malibu Club promotions can reach out to customer support.
Sending an email is one option, although it may take a bit of time to receive an answer. The fastest way to receive clear answers to your issues is by using the live chat facility, which you will only access once you log in. Once you type in your question and press 'Send', you will be welcomed by a chatbot asking for your email or user ID.
The chatbot will then send your details and question to a human customer support specialist who will answer your questions thoroughly. As the customer support is in house, it has more chances to be reliable. Unfortunately, you cannot receive support over the phone.
In terms of assistance for safe play when dealing with Malibu Club promotions, NZ gamblers have a few useful options.
- NZ gamblers can opt to set deposit limits, keeping their expenses under control so that they never invest more than they can afford;
- They can also self-exclude for a specific time, which can be discussed with the live chat team to be tailored to the player's needs;
- Monitoring your financial transactions is possible by accessing the Cashier button on the top right corner of your screen;
- You can also close your account for as long as you need and reopen it with written consent;
- Scrolling to the bottom of the website reveals a white section with useful links to institutions that can provide help, such as Gambling Therapy and Gamblers Anonymous.
The site does not provide a designated Responsible Gambling page for NZ gamblers to directly access what the casino has to offer. However, you can use our Malibu Club review to get informed on your options and contact the live chat operators for further assistance.
Pros & Cons
- The casino accepts cards, e-wallets, and crypto;
- Pro casino tips offered at the start of every game;
- User-friendly and pleasant interface;
- The site is optimized for in-browser mobile use;
- Live chat facility is available 24/7.
- No downloadable app available;
- No Live dealer games;
- The casino does not offer a loyalty programme;
- There is no phone support.