Top Online Casino Sites in New Zealand 2021
We are your New Zealand's casino reviews champions. We compare the ultimate casinos online and bring the ones who are worthy of you. Better casinos, better experiences!Read more
Addiction is a sickness. Gambling addiction shouldn't be taken lightly. Get educated and understand the effects of problem gambling. We aim to inform all our CasinoAlpha customers regarding the harsh reality of gambling addiction through educational and informative guides.
2021 Top online casinos in NZ
|Rank||Brand Name||Offer||Our Rating||License|
|#1||888casino||Up to NZ$1500||4.6||MGA, UKGC|
|#2||777 Casino||100% Up to NZ$200||4.4||MGA, UKGC, Gibraltar|
|#3||Casumo||100% Up to NZ$500||4.5||MGA|
|#4||Slots Heaven||100% Up to NZ$100||4.2||Gibraltar, UKGC|
|#5||Casino.com||100% Up to NZ$400||4.4||UKGC, Gibraltar|
|#6||PlayOjo||50 No Wager Spins||4.4||MGA, UKGC|
|#7||LeoVegas||100% Up to NZ$1500||4.6||MGA, UKGC|
|#8||Royal Panda||Up to NZ$1500||4.0||MGA|
|#9||JackpotCity Casino||Up to NZ$1600||4.4||MGA, Kahnawake|
We are here to simplify your process of searching for top online casinos in NZ. Our experts shop the ultimate casinos for your specific needs so that you as a Kiwi customer can enjoy your time substantially. It's all in here!
Safer and Better Online Casinos from New Zealand
Let's get to the point. Searching for online casinos is hard. We know! We're here to save your day by doing your job and bring you the greatest casinos online in NZ.
We cover a wide range of aspects when analysing the online casinos in the New Zealand industry. Our top priority it's to ensure that all of our Kiwi users have at their disposal reliable casino operators who will guarantee them a safe gambling session.
Now, you might be wondering: How can you trust us?
To answer bluntly, we're not here to tell you what to choose. We're here to guide you into making an informed decision. This industry is broad, and thousands of iGaming websites are being launched almost every day, which promises you an unforgettable time.
Our job and mission are to show you, which are the casino operators, that even though they seem trustworthy at first, in the end, they will fail to deliver what they promise.
So, how do we do this?
Simple! We thoroughly test and investigate each site, one by one.
Let's proceed to the next section to show you exactly how we review online casinos from New Zealand.
We are here to simplify your process of searching for top online casinos in NZ and shop the ultimate casinos for your specific needs. It's all in here!Read less
NEONCopied ! New casino
500% UP TO NZ$500
The 2020 founded gambling website, Neon Vegas Casino provides over 800 pokies and 86 live dealer games to its New Zealander player base.
Pros: Multiple responsible gambling measures, pokies and live games from high-tier developers, accreditation from MGA
Cons: High minimum payout sum, issues with the desktop versionWhat the casino greets you with:
Fund your account and you receive up to NZ$500 in bonus funds.Specifications for new Kiwi users:
- Add an amount equal to or higher than NZ$10 with EcoPayz, Neteller, Visa, Mastercard, Revolut, and Skrill Moneybookers.
- Try out the pristine Live Casino, with 15 live Baccarat games, 19 live Blackjack activities, 22 live Roulette rooms and more.
- Manage your gambling via game and transaction histories.
- Set your desired payment limits, and, when necessary, opt for a time-out.
- For any relevant queries, contact the 24/7 customer assistance team, via Live Chat or email.
100% UP TO NZ$200
This gambling site is available for Kiwi players, presenting many promotional opportunities and chances to gain a superior player status all in a neat interface.
Pros: VIP club with 7 levels, daily bonuses (Bonus Wheel and Cashback), Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin accepted
Cons: Fewer Table Games than the industry averageOffer for new players:
Kiwi gamblers who join and deposit will be granted 100% up to NZ$200.Make sure you remember that:
- To gain more information, you can reach a support agent via e-mail, messenger, and phone number, they are quick to rely and help;
- You can chat with other players in Live Casino chatrooms, but remember to follow the imposed Code of Conduct;
- Fees only appear if a Kiwi players wants to make more than 4 withdrawals monthly;
- You are advised to finish KYC first, so your payments will be processed within the same day;
- If you use Paysafecard, the name of the owning company, Play Logia N.V. will appear on your statements.
100% UP TO NZ$200
Videoslots is an online casino that offers more than 4000 games from over 140 providers, all game types included.
Pros: 24/7 live chat, progressive jackpots, UKGC license
Cons: doesn’t accept crypto-currency paymentsWhat you’ll get:
100% up to NZ$200 for your first payment after sign-up.Our expert tips for Videoslots casino:
- Your get to play safely at this casino, since it is regulated by 5 gambling authorities (Malta, UK, Sweden, Denmark, Italy);
- The live casino options are powered by Evolution Gaming, Playtech Live and Pragmatic Play;
- You can contact support through a form or by requesting a callback, besides email and chat;
- Offers can be claimed in conjunction with other promotional material;
- You can enjoy a News section with the latest games and promotions on the website.
UP TO NZ$1000 + 100 FREE SPINS
PlayGrand, a casino site run by White Hat Gaming Ltd., functions since 2015, with accreditation from three trustworthy licensors.
Pros: 24/7 Customer Support, a NZ$999999 maximum deposit limit, robust range of live dealer and pokies games.
Cons: No specifications regarding monthly payout limits, Game display and scaling issues.What can New Players start with:
A welcome package of up to NZ$1000 and 100 bonus rounds for you to play on three different pokies.PlayGrand Specificities to know:
- The minimum transaction caps amount to NZ$10.
- You have six popular banking options to choose from. For withdrawals, the available methods appear once you make your first payment.
- You can play over 2100 pokies from various big-name game developers.
- The Live Casino tab may seem lacking, but each popular live dealer entry has several rooms with different rules and betting limits.
- The website interface is simple and straightforward, despite some small forgivable scaling and cross-platform issues.
100% UP TO NZ$200+200 SPINS
Active in the gambling industry since 2014, Cruise Casino is owned by Genesis Global Limited, a company with over 200 employees.
Pros: more than 2100 games, clearly compartmentalized games sections, over 100 Live Dealer tables
Cons: live chat is only run by AIGrab the goodies:
- on 1st deposit: 100% up to NZ$200 + 200 spins;
- on 2nd deposit: 50% up to NZ$200;
- on 3rd deposit: 25% up to NZ$300;
- on 4th deposit: 25% up to NZ$300.
- Partners with NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, and others.
- More than 40 Roulette and Blackjack titles;
- Over 25 accepted currencies;
- Exclusive VIP Live Casino tables;
- Higher withdrawal limits for VIP customers;
- Elegant graphics and user-friendly interface;
- More than 500 games optimised for mobile;
- Accessible wagering requirements;
- Smooth registration and KYC process;
- SSL connection for data encryption and security.
100% UP TO NZ$300 + 90 FREE SPINS ON BOOK OF DEAD
Casilando functiones with three licenses from renowned accreditors which gurantees a safe and smooth session.
Pros: 24/7 Customer Support, well over 2000 games, generous maximum weekly pay-out limit.
Cons: Your account becomes inactive after 180 days, has some display issues.The bonus you get:
100% up to NZ$300 and 90 free rolls upon funding your account.Essential casino info you should know:
- You can play over 2100 pokies coming from top-tier developers. The Live Casino catalogue is also wide and varied.
- Both the minimum deposit and withdrawal sums are set at NZ$20 for Kiwi users.
- There is no limit for depositing. Withdrawals, however, are capped at NZ$250000 weekly.
- You can download the Casilando desktop app, and, while there are no dedicated mobile apps, the website has great optimisation for phones and tablets.
- You will accrue Loyalty points that you can then convert to casino funds.
- You can start by using a ‘Play for Fun’ account before playing for real money.
100% UP TO NZ$1150 + 500 FREE SPINS
With a 4-year experience on the gambling market, Twin guarantees security and fairplay through responsible gambling strategies and fair terms.
Pros: Twin Rewards, 4-minute registration, marketing subscription available via e-mail or SMS
Cons: some site links don’t workA preview of the offer:
1st deposit: 100% up to NZ$500 and 200 Free Spins on Book of Dead;
2nd deposit: 100% up to NZ$250 and 200 Free Spins on Starburst;
3rd deposit: 50% up to $400 and 100 Free Spins on Wolf Gold.Here’s what Twin brings to the table:
- Each game section with its terms and conditions and extra details at the bottom of the page for easy access;
- A special Twin rewards bonus where you can win spins or cash;
- Over 2500 games from 30 popular providers, such as Yggdrasil or Quickfire;
- A complex VIP program which gives you prizes like free dinners, concert tickets, various gadgets or travel vouchers;
- Bonuses that are available for 30 days since the activation date.
200% UP TO NZ$2000 BONUS + 200 FREE SPINS ON PINK ELEPHANTS
This New Zealand gambling platform has over 2000 titles available. They collaborate with the best providers in the industry such as NetEnt, Microgaming and Evolution Gaming.
Pros: Low deposit limits for some methods and low wagering for spins.
Cons: Plenty cryptocurrencies available for withdrawal.See what they've prepared for you:
200% bonus up to NZ$2000 and 200 bonus spins on Pink Elephants.Bear in mind that:
- The casino offers the possibility to make transactions using cryptocurrencies (use them with caution);
- You’ll have full access to the platform only after successfully passing the verification process;
- There are certain fees when it comes to transactions;
- Live Baccarat titles come with bets as high as NZ$10000.
- Blackjack enthusiasts will find 90 live game versions available.
UP TO NZ$1500
It was launched in 1997 and offers more than 1400 gaming options. You will play games from NetEnt or Playtech, and also some in-house titles from 888 laboratories.
Pros: demo version for some slots, huge selection of live games, bonus expires after 90 days.
Cons: one withdrawal method available, no Android app.What you get:
A welcome package up to NZ$1500 divided into five deposits.The perks that wait you:
- The registration process takes about 1 minute to complete.
- You have to upload the KYC documents to cash out.
- No maximum withdrawals, but you cannot cash out more than NZ$30k in one transaction.
- You can bet up to NZ$15000 on some online tables.
- You can reverse your withdrawal straight from your account.
UP TO NZ$600 + 180 EXTRA SPINS ON BOOK OF DEAD
Dunder operates under an MGA license and is owned by Dunder limited, a Maltese company that generates more than NZ$10 million annually. The concept of the platform was developed by two Swedish entrepreneurs who are also casino enthusiasts.
Pros: more than 2000 pokies from multiple providers, no withdrawal limit.
Cons: no phone number available.What you can redeem:
A welcome bonus of up to NZ$600, comprised of three deposits + 180 extra rotations on Book of Dead.Prepare for the following:
- Experience an innovative interface design with hassle-free features;
- Navigate a wide collecting of themed pookies;
- Secure your account by verifying your phone number via SMS;
- Use a unique quick deposit feature to credit your account while playing a game;
- Request as many withdrawals as you want per day or month;
- Access the live chat even if you are not logged in.
UP TO NZ$1300 AND 200 EXTRA ROUNDS
21Prive is a triply-licenced website with high deposits limits.
Pros: Over 2250 slots; multi-layered VIP system with clear terms;
Cons: There is no phone support.What you will get:
You may deposit and redeem a package consisting of five match deals up to NZ$1300– the first bonus in this line-up also provides 200 rotations. All the promotional turns are playable on Starburst or Gonzo’s Quest.Register and enjoy these features:
- 24/7 live chat with agents that verify your identity thoroughly;
- Pokies from the most famous providers;
- Withdrawals faster than the market average of 72 hours;
- Live casino section with all play types and high max bet limits;
- Separate page with all the games’ RTPs and all the info you need to know;
- The possibility to play slots and table games in practice mode.
100% UP TO NZ$200
This gaming site is part of 888 Holdings, a leading iGaming company which is also listed on the London Stock Exchange. The platform was launched in 2015 and offers premium iGaming services.
Pros: numerous game providers, exclusive live games.
Cons: few payment methods.Available incentives:
A match offer of 100% up to NZ$200.
The features you have here:
- Navigate through a wide selection of in-house pokies;
- Use a quick deposit feature to credit your account without exiting the game session;
- Get access to over 200 live games, including 888 exclusives, plus an Elite Lounge;
- Play any game in full screen mode, even on a mobile device;
- Receive funds into your account within 10 minutes of depositing;
- Have the same VIP account and accumulate comp points on both 777 and 888 platforms.
WELCOME PACKAGE OF UP TO NZ$1600
JackpotCity Casino has been delivering outstanding iGaming services since 1998. The platform is owned by Bayton Ltd. and holds two licenses: one from the MGA and the other one from Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
Pros: low minimum deposit, 24/7 live chat.
Cons: only live chat available.What’s there to be claimed:
A 100% up to NZ$1600 welcome package, comprised of 4 deposits.You can:
- Play over 130 live dealer games with various betting options;
- Receive game recommendations after existing a session, based on your most played products;
- Deposit with 8 different payment methods with no processing fees involved;
- Collect loyalty points and exchange them for bonus credit;
- Play any game in full-screen mode on both desktop and mobile interfaces;
- Register without confirming your email address or phone number.
100% UP TO NZ$1500 + 150 EXTRA ROUNDS
LeoVegas is an award-winning casino with in-house handled operations, established in 2012. Besides that, it is listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange and it holds an MGA licence.
Pros: fast payout processing, two iOS apps, weekly promotions.
Cons: additional checks for withdrawals over NZ$3000.The offer:
100% up to NZ$1500 + 150 no wagering rounds.Take these into account:
- Over 2500 gaming options available;
- There is a ‘Chambre Separee’ section with exclusive LeoVegas live games;
- The casino has a separate site dedicated to responsible gambling;
- The live chat feature can be accessed even if you are not logged in or don’t have an account;
- The free spins come with no wagering requirements;
- There is no advanced game filtering system, meaning that you cannot sort products by the number of paylines, provider or bonus features.
100% UP TO NZ$3000
Casino Tropez was launched in 2001 by Universe Entertainment Services Malta. The website is licensed by the MGA and offers products from top providers like Microgaming, Playtech and Pragmatic Play.
Pros: over 1000 games, phone support, several currencies available.
Cons: slow payout, outdated interface.What you may claim:
- 100% up to NZ$3,000 on your first deposit;
- 50% up to NZ$200 on the second deposit.
- The casino’s games are verified by GLI;
- There are plenty of international Roulette options;
- You can play the games on an external desktop software;
- The VIP club offers weekly loyalty bonuses that can reach up to NZ$250;
- You can add up to 10 cards to your account;
- The maximum sum that can be won from a single bet is NZ$500000.
UP TO NZ$2400
Europa Casino runs on a Playtech platform. Its MGA licence and the GLI testing it went through ensure the safety of its operations.
Pros: More than 1100 game; intuitive interface for gaming.
Cons: The platform crashes often.What you will get:
A welcome package that goes up to NZ$2900, with NZ$2400 on first deposit and another NZ$500 on your second deposit.Extra perks as a member:
- Over 15 payment methods at your disposal;
- Customer support available on all channels;
- Be the first to get monthly bonuses for a full year, by depositing each 30 days;
- Helpful customer service;
- Deposit and loss limits are available directly in your account;
- Dedicated VIP support to those who rise up the ranks by wagering real cash.
100% UP TO NZ$500 + 200 FREE SPINS
The gambling platform was launched in 2019 under the company Rootz Ltd. It guarantees a safe and smooth session through its MGA licence and thanks to the latest TLS technology.
Pros: Well-categorised game lobby, fast processing time, no maximum withdrawal limit
Cons: Average loyalty programme, account available only in EURThe promo awarded:
100% up to NZ$500 and 200 free spins.Join & Enjoy:
- Over 1500 titles that includes 800 pokies, 37 Live Blackjack tables, 21 Live Roulette tables and more.
- Multilanguage 24/7 customer support.
- Low wagering requirements.
- An exclusive in house-made pokie that comes with prizes.
- A news page with the latest additions on the site.
- New Zealand dedicated payment methods such as Skrill, Neteller, Visa, and Mastercard.
WELCOME BONUS OF UP TO NZ$1000
Spin Casino is a reliable gambling platform founded in 2001 by Bayton Ltd. It not only provides plenty of products developed by top-notch providers, but it also ensures fair and responsible gaming through its MGA and Kahnawake licenses.
Pros: over 700 games, 24/7 support, no withdrawal limit
Cons: no Android app, no phone supportWhat you can claim:
A welcome bonus of up to NZ$1000, comprised of three separate deposits.Things to consider:
- Reversing withdrawals within 24 hours of making the request;
- More than 120 live games, including Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette, Poker and game shows;
- Well-trained customer support;
- 2500 loyalty points upon your first deposit;
- Live bets ranging from NZ$1 to NZ$10,000;
- Regularly updated IOS app;
- The possibility of setting a light/dark interface theme.
UP TO NZ$350 BONUS
Gaming Club is one of the longest-running casinos in the market. It is licenced by the MGA and the Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
Pros: 24/7 live chat support; low minimum deposit.
Cons: Narrow selection of providers.What the offer consists of:
As a new player, you are eligible for two match bonuses up to NZ$350.What you will get by joining Gaming Club:
- Practice modes for your favourite games;
- Multi-tiered VIP system with exclusive offers;
- Payment methods popular with Kiwis like Skrill Moneybookers and Paysafecard;
- Easy-to-find game RTPs (Payout Percentages);
- Numerous responsible gaming methods, accessible on a dedicated page;
- Hundreds of eCOGRa-approved games for Desktop and mobile.
100% UP TO NZ$1200
Casumo comes with over 2000 games that are arranged in separate sections. Also, their interface is mobile-friendly, which makes it easier for you to navigate it when playing from your phone.
Pros: Low wagering requirements and high withdrawal limit.
Cons: The processing payout time can take up to 3 business days.For you to claim:
A welcome bonus that consists of 100% up to NZ$1200.Enjoy at Casumo:
- ApplePay available as banking option;
- Payment methods with instant withdrawal time;
- The are certain fees when it comes to withdrawals;
- You have to confirm your phone number to activate the account;
- The casino has high withdrawal limits;
- Games from popular providers such as NetEnt and Microgamig.
How to choose NZ online casinos wisely
We shop a multitude of online casinos in New Zealand and bring them to you. With us, you will gain access quick and easy to the industry's finest and trustworthy casinos in NZ.
How we review online casinos from New Zealand?
Who is CasinoAlpha?
We are your comparison tool of all top online casinos in NZ.
In addition to this, we believe that every Kiwi player should be able to decide with conviction. However, to be able to do so, knowledge about the New Zealand gambling industry is utterly important. Therefore, we proud ourselves on the guidelines and insights we offer to NZ customers. We help them with objectives, clear and free of charge information.
Making things easier
We understand the importance of straightforward explanations as to the online casinos in NZ do not provide clear conditions. Through our expertise of more than five years in this domain, we have reached a level where we can translate the information you see on casino sites in a user-friendly manner.
This being said, we shall be transparent with you and explain how we review our top online casino in NZ so that you may be able to make confident decisions.
The criteria we consider when making this analysis are based on the following.
1. Security & reliability
We look if that particular casino operator works under a gambling licence granted by the UKGC, United Kingdom Gambling Commission. This non-departmental public body is one of the strictest in this niche. Hence, you can rest assured that your session will be conducted in a safe space.
However, that doesn't mean that licences from MGA, Gibraltar, the Danish, or the Swedish gambling authorities are beneath UKGC. We urge all Kiwis to carefully read our guidelines regarding these authorities and how they regulate the iGaming niche.
Afterwards, we look at the padlock.
Do you know why a locked padlock is essential?
This padlock appears in front of an URL, such as in front of https://www. Ensures that SSL, Secure Socket Layer encrypt your chosen gambling platform. This means that your data is securely transmitted and guarantees secure communication between you and the website.
2. Fast & Secure Transactions
Suppose you generated winnings from your online casino in NZ. In that case, you expect to receive those specific funds as soon as possible.
We're here to elucidate why you don't receive your winnings in the time frame specified by your casino operator and emphasise those payment methods that have a fast processing time.
Our specialists specifically investigate this matter to pinpoint the problems that players can encounter and come with helpful solutions.
3. Wide range of incentives
Online casino promotions are utterly essential. Why? Because if you don't have at your disposal multiple choices to choose from, you will soon become dissatisfied with that specific iGaming website.
Besides the fact that our team is instructed to verify how many choices are available, they also test the offers to guarantee that you will receive what has been promised. Hence, they open an account, invest the necessary amount on the platform, and check if there are any unreasonable requirements that you must meet.
4. Quality casinos on different devices
Quality is of prime importance to satisfy each Kiwi gambler. We compare and analyse each online casino on both website interfaces and mobile devices to ensure a smooth gambling session.
When we evaluate the casinos in NZ, we look at their performance on various devices, their speed and download time, and any differences between them.
An easy-to-use website can make a real difference, and we're here to bring you only the ones that are worth your time.
5. Reliable customer support
Simply put, you need a dependable support team who can guide or answer any technical problems or any other inquires you encounter at a casino in New Zealand.
To ensure that all Kiwis will have such a team who will help them resolve any issue, we take different measures to test them. We do our utmost to make sure you have everything you need and when you need it.
6. Responsible Play Associations & Tools
We consider iGaming sites that cooperate closely with independent organisations that have the main purpose of promoting responsible gambling, preventing underage gambling activities, and providing professional help for those who seek it.
An online casino from New Zealand that respects itself will work hand-in-hand with such organisations. Furthermore, they will provide you with multiple self-help tools to enable you to manage your sessions and stay in control.
To investigate what partnerships there are and raise awareness regarding the impact gambling activities can have on you and your close ones when it goes over control.
In addition to this, we investigate online casinos in New Zealand and the responsible tools it has incorporated on its site.
Responsible Gambling Tools are features that an NZ casino site must offer in order for their players to conduct a safe session and have all the necessary means to keep gambling activities in the entertainment zone and not become a problem gambling.
The most common tools an online casino in New Zealand must have are:
- Take a break;
- Budget calendar;
- Autoplay limits;
- Reality check;
- Useful links;
- Reverse withdrawal preferences;
- Access to game history;
- Trained customer support;
- Advice/tips regarding this problem;
- Financial activity monitor ;
- Minor-restrictive tools.
A Kiwi user does not need to gamble regularly to be considered a problem gambler. More information about this matter is further explained in our extensive guidebook of how to play safe.
7. Transparent General Terms
The general terms of online casinos are equal to a real binding contract that you sign. Hence, it needs extra attention, and we're here to teach you how to evaluate them.
We are a team of experts in the iGaming niche. We know what qualifies as reasonable terms and what needs to raise further questions. Therefore, we shall analyse these terms and translate them in a friendly manner so that you can understand what these imply.
Moreover, we're here as your advocate to emphasise why you should pay attention to them, what needs extra attention, and if the terms are rational or not.
8. Partnerships with software providers
A top casino in NZ must have a large number of software providers in their game lobby. The richer and diverse is their collection, the better your session will be.
Using our comprehensive casino library and our expertise, you can spot the gambling websites which suit your tastes and from which you can benefit. Use our knowledge to compare the finest sites best.
Why you need us
We are your gateway to the ultimate casino solutions.
We only provide you with:
- Certified and reliable sites;
- Thoroughly analysed casinos and bonuses to avoid issues;
- Put at your disposal high-value promotions;
- We continuously keep you up-to-date with the latest incentives.
Make use of our knowledge and expertise to access within minutes the New Zealand industry's premium platforms.
What makes an online casino?
We know the answer, and we're ready to tell you too. We believe that once you enter this world, you must also understand the true meaning of it. Let's dive right in!
Every New Zealand casino to be considered a top online casino must offer specific services such as:
- Reliable customer support
- Various gaming options
- Multiple payment methods
- Many bonuses
- Mobile accessibility
- Access to loyalty programs
Using our vast experience in this niche, we've discovered that these particular services are the ones that distinguish a top casino from a standard one. Still, that doesn't mean that an operator should limit itself only to the services mentioned above. It should also try to provide its Kiwi players with original products to guarantee a unique session.
1. Customer Support
Dependable customer support that works 24/7 and comes with multiple contact options is a vital factor of a casino operator. To understand what we mean by this, let's consider the imaginary scenario below.
Suppose it is Saturday and the time is 00.00. You have opened an account at Example 1 Casino (it is a fictive casino made by us) and want to invest to claim an incentive. However, suddenly you encounter an issue that doesn't allow you to complete the deposit.
What's the first thing you'll do in such cases?
You will reach customer support.
The support team doesn't work 24/7, and the only way you can contact them is via email. Because it is Saturday and 00:00 o'clock you cannot depend on the support to come with a solution to your problem. Then, you try to see if the operator offers an FAQ section where it can provide additional guidance regarding this matter.
Still, you cannot find anything helpful
It becomes frustrating because you will have to wait until Monday until the support team is available. However, not even then, you cannot guarantee that you will receive a fast reply with a solution because the response time via email can take as much as 24 hours.
That is the reason why 24/7 support is an unquestionable aspect. Plus, if you have additional options such as email, contact form, Live Chat, and phone number, you can rest assured that somehow you will work out any issue that arises.
2. Gaming Options
The game catalogue of a casino to be considered a top must have a vast number of titles, various game types, and a broad array of software providers.
Let's talk about each aspect separately for a greater understanding of what we mean.
Number of titles
We cannot say the exact number of games in that a top online casino in NZ must have because it depends on various aspects. Nevertheless, the more, the merrier.
When you look at its number, take into consideration if you have enough to keep you entertained.
While researching this market, we've come to the conclusion that an iGaming website must have partnerships with various game providers, especially with the ones presented below.
|Provider||Number of Games||Available Game Types||Founded Year|
|Playtech||+700||Online Pokies, Live Casino, Bingo, Sports, Poker,||1999|
|Evolution Gaming||+700||Live Casino, Online Pokies, Craps, Table Games||2006|
|Netent||+200||Online Pokies, Roulette, Blackjack, Table Games||1996|
|Microgaming||+850||Online Pokies, Jackpots, Video Poker, Table Games, Live Casino||1994|
|+100||Online Pokies, Table Games, Jackpots||2013|
|Big Time Gaming||+30||Online Pokies||2011|
|Betsoft||+170||Online Pokies, Table Games||2006|
|Play’n Go||+200||Online Pokies, Table Games||1997|
|Betsoft||+170||Online Pokies, Table Games, Video Poker||2006|
|Pragmatic Play||+100||Online Pokies, Live Casino, Bingo||2015|
|PariPlay||+40||Online Pokies, Bingo, Lottery, Keno, Scratch Cards||2010|
|Elk Studios||+30||Online Pokies||2013|
This factor is crucial. The more types you will have at your disposal, the better the diversity will be, which will only be a plus for you.
If you wonder what types of online casino games you can play, we've got you covered. Let us proceed to the next section, where we shall talk about each one.
Live casino brings the best of both worlds, and we are your source of the most popular live casino games. With us, it's quick and easy to find the ideal title for you as we cover you with various information about this type, all with the purpose of educating you into choosing the one that suits your gameplay.
We offer all Kiwi players extensive casinos and promotions reviews that have this type incorporated in their game lobby and background aspects regarding this form of casino activity.
You can rely on us and our expertise to present you with only reliable live roulette casinos and bonus codes.
Our primary mission is to give you advice and trustworthy information about roulette sites, what products they offer and how they work to improve your gaming session.
Searching for legit live blackjack online casino sites in New Zealand can be quite a struggle. We understand this aspect well. Thus we have dedicated our time to analysing and comparing the casinos in NZ with this entertainment form and bringing you only the finest ones.
Our team consists of experts in Live Blackjack. Thus, they will explain in a friendly manner to all your questions and worries regarding this gaming type.
If you're looking for complete and unbiased Live Baccarat casinos for Kiwi users, we've got your back.
We have done the job for you and analysed legit New Zealand casinos and their incentives to provide you with adequate information which can help you grasp the real distinction between the sites you must try and the ones you must avoid.
Are you looking for certified online pokies? We've compared the industry's finest sites with online pokies and bring you only the ones that have proven worthy.
We have the necessary means to identify the best online casino pokies. But, we want to give you a piece of our knowledge to choose better casinos for New Zealanders.
3. Payment Methods
From our perspective, an online casino with real money must provide its members with fast and secure transactions without any additional charges. This is the number one criterion we take into consideration when choosing to present you with an iGaming site.
One of our main objectives is to put all the necessary information at your disposal so that you can take an informed decision that is beneficial for you. This being said, we invite you to look at the table below, which is an overview of the most popular payment methods at casinos in NZ.
|NZ Casinos||PayPal||Poli||MuchBetter||Visa||Mastercard||Neteller||Skrill MoneyBookers||Paysafecard|
4. Online Casino Bonuses
We shop the most popular promotions from online casino real money from New Zealand and narrow down the bonus codes, which bring the best rewards and perks.
Everything on our casino database is tested and verified continuously by our professionals to guarantee that all Kiwis will have everything they need. In addition to this, we explain in a user-friendly manner how each bonus type works, what is the real value behind it, and how to better use our strategies and techniques to compare the opportunities we provide.
Do you want to know why we go to such lengths?
That is because while investigating this iGaming sector, we've discovered that there is a lack of information that you have at your disposal. Hence, because we want to build a relationship based on trust and honesty, we will show and explain to you what are the misconceptions regarding these incentives.
What types of promotions can you find in our catalogue?
The ideal offer for new Kiwi members. These free spins are given as rotations on a particular pokie.
Each iGaming website will provide a certain number of rounds that have a specific value. Hence, each free spins bonus is unique in its way.
This type of deal consists of a particular bonus value represented through money. However, as the name of the promotion suggests, there is no need for investments. Therefore, it is suitable for newly registered users due to the fact that they can test the casino operator without any worry.
These are the deals you shall receive after opening an account and funding it with the required amount. In addition to this, casino operators give away such incentives as a way of attracting New Zealanders. Hence, their bonus value differs from one site to another, each with its original particularities and benefits.
This promo code is easy to understand. Besides this, it is often encountered on NZ sites, and it comes either as a match offer or by containing free spins.
These promotions are ideal, and the reason is quite straightforward. Through a cashback, you will receive back a certain percentage of your losses on an NZ site. This means that losing is no longer perceived as a discouragement.
However, we must point out that such incentives are quite rare. But that's where we come to your help. We keep an eye out for platforms that do offer such a deal and what conditions are attached to it and finally present them to you.
A no wagering bonus is an incentive that does not come with such a condition attached.
To be able to understand the meaning behind such deals, you must first know what a wagering requirement means.
Rollover, playthrough, turnover, wagering, this condition has many names but the same definition. It stands for the number of times you need to play, either the bonus amount you receive, the deposit amount, or even the sum of them both. It can range from as little as 20x or as much as 99x.
This requirement needs to be completed so that you may request a withdrawal safely.
Therefore, you have the possibility to request a withdrawal immediately.
What to look at when selecting an incentive?
- Bonuses with high values and which matches your deposit with 100% or more;
- Low wagering requirements which can be completed in a short time and quickly;
- Promotions which can be played on different types of titles;
- Incentives with an extended validity period.
5. Loyalty Programs
A VIP programme must be authentic with the perks you can benefit from. For this reason, we bring you only the ones we believe deserve your attention and time.
Let us be your guide in this niche and help you compare the industry's finest VIP programmes and make an informed decision.
6. Mobile Accessibility
We understand that you don't have the essential time to enjoy this form of entertainment. With this in mind, we've done the job for you and reviewed gaming websites that have optimised their interfaces on both mobile and desktop.
With our expertise backing up, we can safely tell you that high-quality software is vital for any NZ casino. It prevents and ensures an unfluctuating performance and the appearance of crashes and bugs.
We've analysed thousands of gaming operators and brought to you only the ones who have acquired a high mark and exceeded our expectations.
Are online casino websites legal in New Zealand?
To answer bluntly, yes, it is. However, you must pay closer attention to the gambling authority that regulates that particular site when engaging in gameplay.
Why is gambling authority crucial?
A casino operator goes through various investigations and audits to receive a valid licence to provide such services to the Kiwi players.
Before we begin explaining which are these organisations, we must emphasise that at first, all sites might appear legit. Nevertheless, no matter how trustworthy it may seem, if it doesn't operate under a licence, it is equal to zero.
Online casinos recommended licences:
|Address:||Gambling Commission, Victoria Square House Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4BP, England||Building SCM 02-03, Level 4, SmartCity Malta, Ricasoli SCM1001, Malta|
|Phone:||+44 121 230 6666||+356 2546 9000|
To guarantee that the license of the casino operator you have selected is valid, access the links provided in the column Licence list from the table. There you can check if the given licence is authentic and valid.
What is the legal age to gamble?
All Kiwi players must be of legal age to partake in online wagering. Furthermore, casino activities are accepted under the laws of New Zealand. Hence, as stated by the law, you must be over 20 years old to enter a casino and more than 18 years old to participate in sports betting, scratch cards, and lottery.
Under no circumstances do we promote underage gambling or market any gambling forms to children or teens. On the other hand, we, as a team, strongly advocate protecting your child from such activities.
We encourage you to use additional safety tools to avoid such occurrences. Our mission is to raise awareness regarding this matter and help educate the younger generation on its risks.
How fair are online casinos in New Zealand?
A casino in NZ that operates under a gambling license will provide Kiwi users with a fair and secure session.
Nevertheless, even though it functions with a valid licence, you might still ask yourself additional questions regarding how fair a casino from New Zealand can be.
Because we want to build a relationship based on honesty and trustiness with our members, we shall shed light on every aspect that you may think of.
Is your data really protected?
Yes. A substantial aspect of a licence is ensuring the safety and protection of your data. In the Privacy Act consisting of 12 Principles, it is stipulated that all personal information must be safeguarded from corruption, compromise or loss.
Hence, all iGaming operates must conform with these aspects and mention in its general terms that all data will be protected.
How is your personal information kept safe?
All of our reliable casinos from NZ use a process called data encryption. This encryption covers the collected data, which is readable and in plain text, into an unreadable encoded format.
The most commonly used are 128 or 256- bit encryption. Both encryption techniques are challenging to break.
If you're worried that these techniques can be broken, we're here to set your mind at ease. It will take on an average of several decades before the collected information is deciphered. Therefore, hacking is disincentivised.
How just can online casinos be with RTP?
Each operator must state in its general terms the theoretical RTP of a casino game. You must look carefully at these terms as these vary greatly.
Pokies usually have an RTP of 100%, while progressive jackpots range below 90%.
But what exactly is an RTP?
RTP (Return to Player) is defined as the payout rate, which measures the odds of the winnings prize. Basically, it is the percentage that sums all the wagered money which will be paid as winnings.
Return to Player (RTP) or Payout Percentage has the same meaning represented by the total bets of a game that should be paid as winnings.
We understand the fact that most of you question whether or not these pokies are rigged. Still, we are here to put you at ease by explaining that such a thing is unlikely to happen.
The reason is quite simple. All online casino games must undergo various audits and checks before being launched by a software provider. Besides this aspect, these titles use an RNG (Random Number Generator). Their payout results are monitored even afterwards by independent expert authorities such as eCOGRA.
In addition to this, a reputable NZ online casino will provide you with a test laboratory certificate, which ensures the fairness of the games.
Presenting the NZ Gambling Market
In the beginning, when this industry started to appear and more precisely in late 1980, the social and economic impact couldn't be measured. Nevertheless, since 1980 this sector has undergone significant changes.
The latest reports examined the economic significance of this niche can be easily seen.
How does the present look?
If we look at the presented numbers, the iGaming sector's future appears to be positive in economic terms.
The iGaming industry in New Zealand is on constant growth. Such a thing can be easily seen since more and more casino operators provide such services dedicated primarily to Kiwi players.
Almost 3% of users engaged in such activities according to a Health and Lifestyle 2016 report
Through a report made by Statista, it has been concluded that from June to September in 2019, the amount raised from gaming machines reached as much as NZ$6,001,729.05, which is the highest amount ever to be reported in a quarter.
Another clear example of this niche's growth is that in 2018 the overall spend on gambling by New Zealanders reached NZ$2.4 billion with almost NZ$648 for every person. Now, even though in 2016 only 3% were employed in such activities, taking into account the latest reported amount spent, we can safely conclude that the iGaming industry in New Zealand will reach further.
Who oversees this type of activity?
Legally speaking, gambling activities are controlled by the Department of Internal Affairs. The public services department has many responsibilities, but we must emphasise the fact that within these responsibilities, it must also ensure that a portion of the portion made by gambling forms returns to the community of Kiwis.
Is gambling addiction a real problem?
Unfortunately, it is. We understand that online casino activities can turn into a vice if it's not kept under control since we are experts in this field. But, because we are aware of its consequences, we know how to keep in the fun zone.
Based on the research made by the Department of Internal Affairs, approximately 90% of Kiwi players engage in casino sessions purely with recreational intents.
Be that as it may, we have made our primary objective to teach you how to gamble responsibly and how to make use of the safety tools provided by casino operators.
Knowing from the beginning the risks, how to recognise the signs of problem gambling, and where to seek help can prove beneficial as it may prevent such an addiction.
We shall offer guidelines on how to raise a dispute in such cases to minimise the frustration. Such conflicts do not happen daily, but we're here to provide you with the necessary support.
We do not solve such inquires!
We will only offer assistance and guide you to authorised third parties who have the professional means to aid you in such cases. Furthermore, the guidance we will put at your disposal consists of advice and recommendations on how to avoid such situations and the way to proceed safely.
Unfortunately, underage gambling is nothing new. What we must mention is that our team does not promote in any way such activities by the young generation.
While we don't have the means to provide legal and psychological counselling, we are here to shed light on the matter and make all Kiwi players understand the gravity of the situation.
- Proceeds from gaming machines in New Zealand from July 1 to September 30, 2019, by area
- Gambling Report
- Expenditure on gambling in casinos in New Zealand from financial years 2011 to 2018
- Kiwis spent the equivalent of $648 each on gambling last year, with the biggest share going to pokies.
- Gaming: an economically significant industry
- Problem Gambling in New Zealand – A brief summary
- What is personal information and the Privacy Act?
- Gambling Act 2003