How do we compare UK online casinos?
To bring you more than 250 online casinos UK, we spent over 2000 hours researching and testing. On average, for each full casino analysis, we spend between £20 to £30 using at least two payment providers.
In selecting multiple payment providers, we took special care to choose those most preferred by the British public, ensuring variety:
- Regular debit cards
- Online vouchers
- Pay by phone options
- And many more.
We value excellence and apply high standards to empower you to make confident financial decisions when it comes to your UK online casino wallet.
We keep you away from:
- Dangerous online casino site available in the UK
- Financial scams
- Fraud of any kind
- Lack of transparency
- Altered casino games
- Untrustworthy promotions
Comparing casinos online – the roadmap
- We create a comprehensive database of all our testing results;
- Our experts map out the elements of a gambling site that most affect British players;
- We use multiple devices to ensure all our readers are likely to encounter the same elements we did;
- Our team employes over half a decade of experience to decide which online casino sites provide the best features for the British audience.
Our review method goes beyond just testing an online casino site. We extract information from it and make a comparison between its features and other similar casinos in the framework of the British gambling industry averages.
That is how we derived a fresh list of the best UK online casinos, which we updated monthly, according to the new arrivals and our judgement of them.
Comparing casino bonuses – what makes the cut?
We only approve of secure bonuses with transparent terms and features, whose promotional value and general rules are of an advantage to UK players of various game-styles.
Most online casinos have more than one bonus to present. However, we only bring you the ones who passed our testing.
To ensure the selection of the best bonuses UK available, we take into account your spending, your responsible gambling limits and how easy it is to respect both of them.
Monthly, we provide you with an update to the existing list, knowing that gamblers are always looking for the next bonus. However, we operate differently since we rate our bonuses and explain their usage to you.
What do we do with all the results we collect?
Our commentary, ratings, and comparisons database is meant to connect UK players with the specific product they need.
We then use it to create helpful listings where we focus on the particular preferences of British players.
That is not the only goal
We mean to educate you for free through all our texts, researched by many, written by a specialist and reviewed by another.
Using our knowledge, you will be able to make better financial decisions, know more about the games and their strategies, and be aware of responsible gambling.
How do we review online casino sites?
Our writers have diverse backgrounds in both academia and gambling. So, we combine our years of experience as players, knowing the patterns and outcomes, and we polish them through our analytical studies.
Here’s what we analyse:
Online casino offers
All of our listed bonuses go live on our website after our team has played through them and crafted their verdict.
For free bonuses, like free no deposit spins, we claim them, play through them within the rules, and see the cash-out process. For deposit bonuses, we make the necessary payment with varied methods.
In this way, we get the chance to:
- Find out if the bonus wagering can be easily accomplished;
- Inspect the titles available for each bonus;
- Check the payment methods allowed to access the promotion;
- Verify if and how players can keep any results.
Preliminary to testing bonuses, we also check to see how difficult or easy it is to create an account and become a casino member.
By going through this entire process, we can help you enhance your play and take better care of your budget.
Games: how many & who made them?
When rating reputable online casinos, one main focus is the game lobby. We look into how many games there are in total, how many games there are in each category, and what software providers are in partnership with that online casino UK.
But that’s just the surface. We play the games there with real money bets. That is for you to know what budget you should create, depending on your game preference and what to expect.
You’re informed well before you start betting your own money with us.
Overall reliability of the site
Nothing is more important than the safety of British players. This is why we only accept online casino sites that are approved and monitored by the UK Gambling Commission.
Even if the offer seems eye-catching, the safety elements that we require need to be unquestionably present.
We prefer that the online casino sites we present also receive multiple seals of approval from other top authorities, like:
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Swedish Gaming Authority
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- Irish Betting Licensed from the Revenue Commission
Then, we move on to see if any active third-party approvals are there, mostly to ensure fair game outcomes.
We’re on the lookout for independent auditors’ seals of approval, but also investigate the technological encryptions used by the website to protect UK players’ data.
Our assessment of a site’s safety goes further, namely by verifying how many tools you have to keep your play in check and how easy it is to use them.
We know that gambling is an activity that is best kept in check with the use of such responsible gambling shortcuts.
It is vital to maintain a healthy spending habit when you gamble.
We’re here to help!
With us, you will know from our first-hand experience what deposit methods you have and what are the usual limits. We also provide a clear-cut image of the withdrawal process, with options, limits, and possible extra costs.
We know there’s an unmatched thrill when you cash out from online casino sites, so we want to allow you to engage in such an experience while staying safe.
User satisfaction & support interaction
We always anonymously create player accounts on the online casinos UK we promote. Our goal is to see what experiences you’ll have there.
When we manage the accounts we use to gather data for our reviews.
We take into account pressing questions that you’ll have:
- Is it easy to sign up and maintain my member status?
- What offers and games do I have access to?
- Is the Cashier tab intuitive?
- Do the transactions I make have any hidden fees?
- If I have a problem, where do I address it, and how fast will it get fixed?
Only if we derived satisfactory answers from all these questions we can safely say that a casino passed our tests.
CasinoAlpha is an educational hub for UK players
Besides keeping you up with the latest UK online casinos and their bonuses, we like to keep you updated with all the major topics of the industry.
We give you new texts about:
- Games, their rules, and what strategies are the most appropriate for each, through our UK player guides.
- The updates in the legislation that affects the industry and your sessions in our legal hub.
- How to stay safe when gambling, learn about addiction and how to keep your loved ones safe through our gambling addiction guides.
Explore more with our blog
News about games, travelling, sports, competitions, crypto, VR, and a plethora of related topics – these are things you can expect in CasinoAlpha’s blog section.
We are very curious about what’s going on in our industry and beyond. We have an eye for trends and what things are just having their 15 minutes of fame versus the changes that are here to stay.
Your input is precious to us. Each blog post has a dedicated comment section in which we can engage in talks with us. Gives us your opinions, suggestions, and facts!
We are your number one source of news!
Get to know us better!
It’s been more than 6 years since we, as a young team, entered the industry in search of the best online casino sites.
Our main aim is not to merely give you the best online UK casinos selection. We want to do much more! We want to offer a free service of education and safe entertainment.
Our review standards, no matter if we are talking about a casino review, a player guide, a blog post, or whatever else, are constructed upon our unique editorial policies. These are derived from our academic experience and our prior experience in working in other publications and media outlets.
UK legal framework: the foundation of our work
The United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) is the regulatory institution responsible with creating a safe UK online casino experience for all British players.
Through multiple procedures, regulations, and official checks, the UKGC’s main mission is to eliminate all criminal and dangerous aspects of gambling in the UK, while protecting and supporting any players who are at risk.
For this reason, our team stays on top of the latest UKGC developments such as:
- Online gambling legislation changes;
- Taxes and fees;
- Requirements imposed on online casino sites to achieve a license;
- Penalties imposed on operators who do not conform to UKGC norms;
- National strategies and statistics;
- Educational programmes;
- Campaigns for safe gambling
- Whatever we publish, we make sure (and double-check) that it follows the UKGC’s framework regarding online betting and gambling.
To source our arguments and data, we keep an eye on all official statements ensued by the British government, on law developments and institutions, as well as external sources like press releases and academic institutions.
Thus, we use an extensive range of information supply, to remain on top of all developments taking place on the UK gambling scene:
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission;
- The UK government official website;
- Other authorities that give operators the right to function under a license: Malta Gaming Authority, the Irish Betting License issued by Revenue Commissioners, Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, Curacao Gaming Control Board, etc.;
- Other UK authorities and their most recent provisions;
- Credible and trustworthy media outlets;
- Peer-reviewed academic studies;
- Official polls and statistics regarding the UK gambling market;
- The standards of quality ensued by third-party testing institutions;
- Casino press releases;
- Technological developments carried out by reputable gambling software providers;
- Websites and representatives of websites that fight to prevent and stop gambling addiction;
- UK centres and charities that offer support to problem gamblers and their loved ones;
- The invaluable feedback offered by our British readers.