Boku Deposits: Instant Funding for your Casino Account
Since the advent of payment methods like Boku, the mode of processing online transactions has taken a different turn. Before Boku, most of the available payment options at the best online casinos were cards and e-wallets. With Boku, making deposits is just as easy as charging it on your phone bill.
- What is Boku and How Does it Work?
- How to Sign Up with Boku
- How to Make a Boku Deposit in a UK Casino
- Perks of Using Boku for Deposits at Online Casinos
- Limitations to Using Boku as a Payment Method
- What are the Minimum and Maximum Deposit Limits With Boku in Online Casinos?
- Top UK Boku Betting Sites
- How to Select a Boku Casino
- Our Expert Verdict: Boku Instant Funding at Casinos
What is Boku and How Does it Work?
Boku is a direct carrier billing service that gives you the freedom to charge bills directly on your phone bill. The simplicity associated with using Boku as payment has made it a favourite among many UK players and in turn encouraged many mobile casinos to accept Boku.
|Year of Establishment
|Mark Britto, Ron Hirson, Erich Ringewald, and Javier Martell
|London and San Francisco
How to Sign Up with Boku
Unlike with other payment methods, you don’t have to open a Boku account to use it as a deposit method at your choice of fast payout online casinos. This is because the solution is also supported by all major mobile networks, especially in the UK.
How to Make a Boku Deposit in a UK Casino
Follow the easy steps below to complete a deposit using Boku at new casino sites and existing ones:
- Login to your casino account
- Navigate to the cashier page of your account and click on Deposit
- On the deposit page, scroll through the options and select Pay by Mobile
- Following your request, you will be redirected to the Boku payment portal
- Confirm the amount and input your phone number
- An SMS will be sent to authenticate your transaction
- Reply “Y” to the SMS and go back to the portal
- Automatically, your deposit will be finalised
- Congratulations, your funds in now available in your casino account!
Perks of Using Boku for Deposits at Online Casinos
Let’s look at some of the advantages of Boku in UK online casinos:
- The payment method is widely accepted across online casinos in the UK
- Deposits with Boku are processed instantaneously
- There are no charges applied on deposits made via Boku
- The payment method serves as a secure route to making payments as you don’t have to input your banking details
- You do not have to create an account to use Boku
- Deposits via the payment method qualify for casino bonus offers (T&Cs apply)
- The maximum limit to Boku deposits daily helps to promote responsible gambling
Limitations to Using Boku as a Payment Method
While Boku comes with some unquestionable perks, there are a few downsides associated with using it as a UK player in online casinos. Here are some of the notable disadvantages:
- The payment option is not available for withdrawal
- Unlike other payment options, its coverage is somewhat limited as there are a broad range of countries where Boku is not available
- Boku can’t process deposits as large as £50 per day, making it unfavourable for high-rollers
What are the Minimum and Maximum Deposit Limits With Boku in Online Casinos?
When using Boku as a payment method at online casinos, you are confined to the minimum deposit of £10 and the maximum deposit of £30.
The limitation with this is that some players have a smaller bankroll and like to stake lower than £10 (or bet in smaller increments for safety and other reasons). While high-rollers who are in the habit of staking higher than £30 will find using the payment method highly inconvenient.
Top UK Boku Betting Sites
As we have already made clear so far, there are a broad range of UK online casinos offering Boku as a payment method. However, in this section, we will be looking at our five best Boku casino selections:
|Amber Spins Casino
How to Select a Boku Casino
Follow the steps below to make the best picks of online casinos accepting Boku as a payment method:
- Check reviews on social media platforms
- Double-check by finding recommendations from casino review platforms like Casino Alpha
- Ensure the casino is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission
- Look through the terms and conditions page of the casino, especially the bonuses (including the welcome bonus or sign-up bonuses) to ensure they are favourable. Look out for wagering requirement (should be below 40x), and maximum cashout limit
- Navigate to the payment options available to ensure Boku or Pay by Phone is listed
- Register at your preferred casino(s)
Our Expert Verdict: Boku Instant Funding at Casinos
Since its inception, Boku has warmed the hearts of casino operators and players alike because of the ease with which the payment method operates. Having maintained a success story for over 15 years now, it is clear that Boku is here to stay.
While the payment method has proven to be a hassle-free route to making deposits at casinos, its limitations are concerning – the inability to withdraw and low deposit limits. However, regardless of its shortcomings, it is one deposit method we still recommend. This is mainly based on its safety, simplicity and no charge deposits.