The Best Online Casinos UK - Top Offers & Reviews 2022
We rate, analyze, and present the best online casinos! CasinoAlpha is your ultimate source of the latest UK casino comparison.
Why you should trust usMore info
How we choose our casinos
Since our missions are to educate UK punters to make smarter casino-related decisions and make the casino world clearer and more transparent, we believe our resources will be of great help to you.
You can rely on a solid plan we always put into motion:
- We select the best online casinos UK that gives a sense of safety on the surface.
- We investigate each page, category, and all the things essential for your gambling in very meticulous ways. This way, we prove that the site is legitimate and secure.
- Using our experience and expanding knowledge, we give ratings and factual, useful opinions.
- At this point, the ball is in your court. You can use our remarks and casino wit to make the best moves that will keep your health and finance safe.
Before signing up and playing, please read our full review of the UK online casino. We give you all the essentials on how your account will look like, what you’ll be able to play, how can you pay for your sessions, and answers many other questions you have.
Best Online Casinos in United Kingdom
|UK online casinos||Total no of games||Total no of offers||Mobile Play||Extra perks|
|Novibet||+3900||7||In-browser play||Provider of the week, Drops & Wins, VIP|
|Paddy Power Games||+750||7||iOS and Android designated apps||In-house Live Games, no limit withdrawals, daily Jackpots|
|PlayOJO||+2600||7||iOS and Android designated apps||Editor’s pick offers, games playlist, no limit withdrawals|
|Videoslots||+4200||2||In-browser play||Hundreds of providers, 5 licences, fast Live Chat replies|
|William Hill||+250||4||iOS and Android designated apps||Low wagering bonuses, many payment options, user-friendly site|
100 NO WAGER SPINS
The Basics of This Top Casino:
PokerStars is a brand functioning under the tutelage of the Gibraltar-based Stars Interactive Limited. Its UKGC license ensures a safe and smooth session.
Pros: 24/7 Live Chat assistance, Desktop, and mobile apps, multiple responsible gambling measures
Cons: Certain information can be difficult to find on the site
New PokerStars users are eligible for:
100 rounds for customers using a debit card to deposit £10 or more. The rotations are playable on various available slots.
Some Key Specifications about PokerStars:
- The site has over 1100 slots, 55 Live Casino titles, and 24 table games. PokerStars also has dedicated sports betting and Poker platforms and promotions.
- You can use popular payment methods, including Mastercard and Visa cards, PayPal, Skrill Moneybookers, MuchBetter, or Neteller. Paysafecard is only available for deposits.
- ‘Stars Rewards’ is a point-based loyalty system that unlocks ‘Chests’ with rewards of various values and types.
- Chests may contain ‘StarCoin’ that you can exchange for incentives in the ‘Rewards Store.’
100% UP TO £200
The top-notch casino:
777 casino can be accessed on your laptop, or on mobile devices by downloading the verified iOS and Android mobile apps.
Pros: extensive VIP scheme, over 1200 slots, licensed by four authorities
Cons: VIP is by invite only
An offer to be stated:
100% up to £200 on your first deposit.
Insights into the experience:
- An intuitive interface with a vintage glamour theme;
- Over 120 Live dealer games to be accessed;
- Customer support can be accessed by phone or email, though there is no live chat facility;
- Withdrawals are usually processed within 24 hours;
- KYC is required after registration, for player protection;
- There is a wide selection of promotions, although sometimes terms may be unclear;
- You must log in to access the terms and conditions;
- An extensive list of responsible gambling tools is available for you to protect your funds, time, and mental health.
100% UP TO £200 + 11 NO-WAGER SPINS ON STARBURST
Licensed by five renowned authorities and launched in 2011, the platform provides all British players with secure and unproblematic gaming.
Pros: Multiple games, different responsible tools, an FAQ section.
Cons: No mobile apps, no phone number listed.
What you receive:
100% up to £200 + 11 no-wager spins on Starburst.
Keep in mind:
- You can opt for the FAQ section instead of Live Chat.
- Complete the KYC process when you first register, as it only takes one day.
- It takes 2 minutes to create an account.
- Around 150 software providers offer 5000+ game options for UK players.
100% UP TO £100 + 30 DEPOSIT SPINS
Introducing the Casino:
Wink Slots functions since 2016, and is run by the prestigious 888 Holdings plc.
Pros: Downloadable iOS and Android apps, Multiple currencies available, Extensive list of responsible gambling measures
Cons: Customer Support won’t be available 24/7
UK players can Claim:
A 100% up to £100 match bonus, and 30 rotations on deposit.
Some Key Insights about the Platform:
- British users can utilize PayPal, Pay by Phone, Visa, or Mastercard for payments with £10 as deposit minimum.
- You can contact Wink Slots’ customer assistance team via Live Chat, email, or phone. Unfortunately, none works 24/7.
- Prior to depositing you will have a Non-Funded Account. Consequently, Wink Slots will cap payable accumulated funds at £100.
- UK players will obtain Wink Slots promotion codes via the Refer a Friend scheme. They can send up to 15 invitations each month.
- All spin-based bonus codes are present on the Wink Slots UK app, both on iOS and Android devices.
DEPOSIT £20, PLAY WITH £50
This is one of the most popular gambling locations in the United Kingdom. They have over 50 locations across England and are one of the oldest casinos from the UK.
Pros: Evolution Gaming products and over 700 slots.
Cons: The support is not available 24/7.
What can you claim:
Deposit £20 and take advantage of £50 on your first deposit.
- An easy-to-use interface that loads fast;
- Each slot has an information button that displays min-max stakes;
- No limits when it comes to the maximum amount you may cash out;
- Payment methods such as PayPal available;
- Live chat available even for those who don’t have an account yet.
UP TO £100 + 50 NO WAGERING ROUNDS ON BOOK OF DEAD
Overview of LeoVegas:
LeoVegas is a performant stand-alone iGaming platform, developed by two Swedish entrepreneurs. All of its services are operated in-house and follow the latest UKGC regulations.
Pros: you can search a game by provider, no monthly withdrawal limit.
Cons: limited payment methods.
What you can claim:
Up to £100 + 50 no wagering spins on Book of Dead.
Keep these in mind:
- LeoVegas provides a wide game collection, comprised of more than 800 products developed by 30 providers;
- You can play multiple live games that are exclusive to LeoVegas and have bets ranging from £0.20 to £50000;
- Get in touch with live chat operators 24/7, even if you are not logged in;
- Get access to a Help Centre designed to guide logged in customers through the platform;
- Explore a separate website dedicated to responsible gambling, called LeoSafePlay;
- Experience a 24 hours processing time;
- Withdraw an amount lower than £10 by contacting support.
BET £10 AND GET UP TO £50 + 100 SPINS
Where to Get:
Paddy Power Games is a casino run by PPB Counterparty Services Limited, functioning with licenses from the UK Gambling Commission and the MGA.
Pros: Paddy Power Games app versions for iOS and Android, 700 slots from top providers.
Cons: Confusing site structure.
How to Start:
By depositing £10 to receive £50 in bonus funds and 100 rotations on eligible games.
Some Key Characteristics:
- The Paddy Power bonuses show great variety some giving away funds or virtual tokens following results of real-world events or following a free quiz’s completion.
- The standard for promotional availability is seven days.
- Paddy Power Games showcases one of the most comprehensive responsible gaming set of measures, including a budget calculator.
- You also have lottery, bingo, poker, fantasy, and sports betting sections, apart from the casino hub.
- You can also opt into the rewards club, where you receive either rounds, or bonus bets for wagered money, on a weekly basis.
UP TO 500 BONUS SPINS
Get acquainted with NetBet:
NetBet is an iGaming leader with more than 20 years of experience in the industry. The company has subsidiaries in multiple European countries and sponsors several soccer teams.
Pros: no monthly cashout limit, more than 10 payment methods available..
Cons: no 24/7 support.
Up to 500 extra rotations on selected slots, after depositing more than £10.
Prepare for the following:
- Play more than 2000 products from over 30 providers, including slots, slingo, lottery, live casino, table games and virtual sports;
- Play up to 4 live games at once by using the Split Screen option;
- Use the ‘Spin It’ feature to try out a new game randomly chosen by the site;
- Get game recommendations based on your previously played products;
- Get in touch with a support member via WhatsApp;
- Join an extensive VIP programme comprised of 7 levels and accumulate NetPoints;
- Use a budget calendar to monitor your essential expenses and set a gambling budget.
200% UP TO £100 + 50 BONUS SPINS ON BOOK OF DEAD
You will get:
200% up to £100 + 50 bonus spins on your first top-up for the game Book of Dead.
Keep in mind:
- The bonus needs to be wagered 60 times within 30 days;
- Each spin has a £0.10 value;
- You cannot bet more than 10% or less than £0.10 while the bonus is active;
- Use first the bonus spins and then the amount you deposited;
- If the bonus you are trying to claim does not appear automatically in your account, contact the Customer Support team, prior to placing any bets, and the bonus shall be credited for you.
How to claim:
- Push the visit button next to this description;
- Place a deposit.
Is this the offer you were looking for?
STAKE £10, PLAY WITH 100 NO WAGERING SPINS
A casino with a history:
Originally an exclusively bookmaking business, Betfred moved on to other gambling forms. It activates online, but it doubles as a brick-and-mortar location.
Pros: One of the few casinos with a loyalty scheme; iOS and Android apps.
Cons: The platform moves with difficulty.
What’s in store?
As a new player, you are in for a 100-spin bundle. On registration, insert the CASINO100 promo code. To proceed with claiming the offer, you must deposit £10 and wager these funds first.
Sign up now to find:
- Customer care agents operating on all channels;
- More than 60 live casino options;
- Some of the lowest minimum deposits and withdrawals on the market;
- Numerous bonuses for depositors, new and existing.
Why choose our online casinos expertise?
We’ve compiled and constantly update a catalogue of best online casinos uk, doing the groundwork for you. Only UKGC-verified, best online casinos make the cut
How CasinoAlpha works?
4 people verify the final casino review and its bonuses before bringing it forth to you. This process takes up to 3 to 4 full days.
What is an UK online casino?
An online casino is a gambling website that aims to attract new UK customers by offering casino bonuses of various types.
Online Casinos – Decisive advantage
The best online casinos UK implement new games or activities that are much easier to use than in a physical establishment.
UK online casinos are richer in their gaming lobby options, easier to access from anywhere (as long as you’re somehow connected to the Internet), and accept various payments, from your good old GBP debit card to Bitcoin or the rest.
As one of the leading casino database in the UK, your source for the best online casinos in the UK and for all your gaming needs is here!
We’ve studied online casino industry for years
We know what gamblers want to know, what businesses seek out, and what investors are looking for. For technical analysis on the backbone of online casinos, we have looked into details such as business plans, games, payments, licensing and legal concerns.
Interesting trend at the best online casinos UK
We have seen that the appearance of dozens of casinos is growing exponentially each month. Of course, not all can achieve the high standard we scout for constantly.
However, the brand-new UK casinos we work on monthly contains only the best picks from the latest entries that the UKGC approves. The rating we give comprises 5 major topics, each explained in detail in our analysis.
CasinoAlpha’s UK online casinos – review framework
Our primary guiding direction is given by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
This leading authority oversees and supervises UK gambling.
The UKGC is the strictest authority that works on licensing trusted online casinos and online sportsbook sites. This means that our UKGC-checked casinos are the safest for player’s finances, bets, and overall mental health. This is a strong reason why we only promote this type of online casino.
What’s our mission?
Our mission is to find the “Alpha Casino”, meaning the best possible one out there. It sounds simple, but trust us, it’s not! We have yet to find a website that has all the elements in the ideal measure, meaning that no UK online casino listed on our site has a perfect score.
Even if we haven’t found the perfect casino just yet, the best online casinos UK listed on this page come close and present a very satisfying quality of product and efficiency—the selection we’ve made hits all the strong points.
If you want to know us better, we have created a description of who we are, want we do, and how we want to get better as a team, as well as create better products for British punters.
What motivates us?
It’s all very simple. All of our team members are real-life gamblers. Their experience has given them enough information about what works, what doesn’t, what things are fair or unfair and what your struggles are.
Since we all come from varied academic and working backgrounds, we can give you:
- Exclusive insight into playing safely at the best online casinos UK
- Better budgeting
- How to be a wise player
- Inside knowledge of the domain
- Practical gambling tips
Our team of experts is comprised of young people passionate about your safety in the casino world, ready to bring their expertise, knowledge, and studies to your service. We’re very different from one another, making it easy to constantly be challenged to be better and think outside the box.
The route of a UK player
After deciding on the best online casinos UK you want to start your gambling activities, your next step is looking into its casino offers.
What is a casino bonus?
Casino bonuses are a gaming product designed by gambling sites to interest UK players into signing up and becoming their clients. We have covered all the basics that you need to be informed on, like what UK bonuses look like, how to use them, and most importantly, how we distinguish the great ones from the rest.
When you find yourself using such an offer, take into account:
How likely can you be banned from such UK online casinos?
This includes reasons, warnings, signs, steps and the whole process, all things that should appear within the T&Cs. CasinoAlpha tells you how likely that scenario is and how to avoid the losses and annoyance altogether.
What are the chances of a bonus being cancelled at UK online casinos?
Of course, this should result from player misconduct or any sort of disruptions, so it’s better to stick to what we say. Following our advice and messages, you will likely never see yourself in that spot, and your sessions will not be interrupted.
We strongly advise you to pick a real money online casino from our lists since we have tested it beforehand. We can ensure that your wallet will be protected from predatory fees, unnecessary payments, and your budget will remain untainted.
How do UK online casinos work?
The featured activities are generally third-party products provided by specialised gambling providers. Even though the site’s customers participate in hosted content, the operator shares extended responsibility in the technical development and maintaining of a gambling site.
The Operator’s Role in Implementation
The operating company owns the domain, runs the gambling platform, and organises the provided games and features.
It will also create systems for the administration of customer funds and account that update one’s balances to reflect the real-time activity.
Gambling sites are constantly evolving according to the dynamic nature of the iGaming industry. The operating company is responsible for updating and innovating its casino and featured services.
The Provider’s Role
A game provider creates and offers various gambling software to several UK online casinos. Essentially, it gives operators the right to host its products for a price.
Game providers may also administrate the payment of payouts for some games, such as progressive jackpots.
While the operator is responsible for keeping the software accessible via its platform, a provider must ensure that the provided gambling products are fair and functioning.
Proof of Viability
Both operators and providers must prove that their services are continuously fair and functioning.
Casino Licensing accounts for technical performance
Regulatory bodies, such as the UKGC ensure that both platforms and provided games are fair, transparent, and well-operating.
Similar checks are performed for provider games in a process called remote verifications.
Obtaining and maintaining an accreditation represents the service’s promise to uphold stated commitments.
Further Technical Accreditation
The iGaming industry has several organisations that specialise in technical checks and diagnostics, like Gaming Labs International.
These agencies can intervene in case of a platform code malfunction and discern deviations from the supposed outcome.
Our UK online casinos reviews are meant to inform UK customers about each platform’s quality and user experience considerations.
Naturally, our in-depth reviews go into all the essential characteristics of an online casino and then provide an informed conclusion.
Pro-guide: protect your money by choosing a top online casino
We give you all the tools to sharpen your gambling skills and be a wise chooser of the casinos you deposit and play bonuses at!
Step 1: Know how your funds are kept
UKGC trusted online casinos need to conform to specific rules regarding the punter’s funds.
In short, when you make a deposit in your player account, that money is held by the casino, but it is still in your possession. This applies even when fees are attached to withdrawing what you have initially deposited.
What happens when the casino is in financial trouble?
How they handle that is their own complicated affair. But your money is kept safe and sound because no matter the level of fund protection the UK online casino has, your money is kept in a separate account.
This means that you’ll get your money back even in extreme, non-retrievable cases like insolvency. This remains true only for trusted online casinos that the UK Gambling Commission has audited.
The UKGC does not stop its meticulous strategies here
Through their strict KYC requirements, they hit two birds with one stone: your data is kept privately away from malicious third-party sellers or hackers, and minors cannot access gambling activities.
We talked extensively about KYC procedures since we’ve done it ourselves hundreds of times and know what struggles you might encounter. We add on to a classic guide by bringing you time-efficient solutions about the glitches and gaps UK players can face when they send their paperwork.
How safe are sites and apps are in terms of their encryption?
To be sure the website you’re browsing on is safe from usual Internet malware, check the icon next to the page URL. If you see a lock there, that means that your connection to the site is sealed on both ends, and you can continue spending time there safely.
To be even more knowledgeable about these things, you should also look for extra seals of approval in the casino’s footer, as some companies specialise in casino safety protocols.
When a casino enters the long process of being checked and approved by the UK Gambling Commission, their site’s individual pages and their mobile apps (if there are any) are tested on multiple devices and browsers several times to ensure bugless and problem-free navigation.
When an online casino gets its license from the UK authority, it does not mean that the checks stop there! In fact, the UKGC is public with the fact that randomly and several times during a given period, they reassess how the casino performs and conducts its business, safety protocols included.
Step 2: What devices can you play on at UK online casinos?
Smartphones are taking over the world, so your chosen site must allow you to gamble on your phone.
This is why we advise you to look for platforms that give you liberties on multiple devices and don’t limit you to just one. We test each brand in our online casino list on a desktop, a phone, and a tablet, making sure we switch between browsers.
This way, we get to present an accurate and unique analysis usable by any UK player, no matter what gadget they prefer to use, and no matter what operating system there is on said device.
Of course, there are three major types of devices:
- Desktop ones, like PCs and laptops;
- Tablets, which are pretty similar to smartphones in the way they operate.
Suppose your gaming choice ticks all these three options. In that case, it already exhibits major advantages over a wide range of underperforming casino sites.
Are you going to have a smooth experience across these devices?
It would be quite stressful to try and answer this by yourself, especially when there’s money at stake. The good news is that we answer the question for you.
We take a few hours to log in and try the online casino site/app features on multiple gadgets. Whatever pops up positively or negatively, we write it down in the review section titled “User Experience”.
2 options for smartphone play
- Almost all mobile casinos in the UK have an in-browser play option. One of our continuous missions is to give Brits a fresh list of choices that incorporates mobile casinos while grading their games, usability, payments, and in favourable cases, exclusive bonuses to use on mobile.
- Stand-alone casino apps for phones and tablets are not as frequently seen because it entails developing a functioning app, going through the independent checks from the major virtual stores, and constantly updating the product. We go deep into such examinations to show you what are your best online casinos UK at any given moment!
Reading our reviews carefully will save a load of trouble and allow you to only focus on your games and bets. And most importantly, through our work, you’ll be able to see if a site is worth investing your time and spending your money at!
Step 3: See how many gaming options you have
A top online casino needs to have many games and gaming types in its lobby, and the reasoning is simple: a UK player will need diverse options for their play; otherwise, they will move on and look for another site.
We’ve experienced that firsthand!
We’ve been on many mediocre online casinos and got bored quite easily with their game offers. The chances are that you’ll go through the same feelings. What is much better at CasinoAlpha’s online casino directory is that each one has its games inspected, tried, and marked accordingly.
Slots for the best online casinos UK
On top of British punters’ preferences, slot games and their designated free spins on sign-up have undergone our verification process before being brought in front of you. We were very clear on what we look for, the standards we use, and what you should do when picking a worthy slot online casino bonus.
We want to be an educational source on slot types
|Slot type||Average RTP||Average bet limits||Average rollover contribution|
|Classics||96.1%||£0.10 – £100||100%|
|Videoslots||95.7%||£0.20 – £50||100%|
|Progressives||93.33%||£0.30 – £30||0%-10%|
|Jackpots||94.05%||£0.10 – £10||0%-10%|
What we have just presented are calculated averages made by our team, who extracted values from our database. Casinos may and most do change these values at their discretion. Always read the T&Cs to see each such detail.
The lower values on the part of Progressives and Jackpots are due to the fact that each round you play on such games has a monetary contribution to the major pool prize offered. In the cases of UK online casino bonuses, they are usually either completely denied for play or contribute very low in comparison with the others.
CasinoAlpha wants you to be very prepared before you start gambling on casino games
This is why we believe it is important to share with you an aspect that will affect all your slot play.
Return to Player (RTP) is a mathematical and theoretical percentage embedded into the code of slot games. It calculates and projects how much a punter will get back from their rounds over a long period of time. Using our guidance, you’ll know all the facts and how to practical proceed with the best payout online casinos in the UK.
Live Dealer games
The best-rated & highly trusted Live Casinos sites contain multiple live dealer tables. These basically allow you to be part of an authentic, classic gambling experience via your device of choice. We made sure to cover all the major game types and bonus variants you can find so that nothing will surprise you when you gamble.
What UK trends dictate in terms of live dealer games!
|Game type||Average House Edge||Average rollover contribution|
|Live Baccarat||98.7% -98.9%||0-10%|
|Live Blackjack||99.1% -99.9%||0-10%|
|Live Roulette||94% – 97%||0-10%|
The American version of Blackjack is the one that is most advantageous to players, in the long run, having a 99.9% return rate. This, however, only happens if you spend a lot of time playing, a thing we do not recommend until any circumstance.
Live Dealer Game Types at the best online casinos UK
- Live Dealer Baccarat sites imply games with a dose of mathematical skill but also offers that are crafted especially for the game itself. Remember to always read the rules and make sure to stick to them!
- Live Casino Blackjack sites have multi-player games with a trained casino dealer. Many UK players look for such opportunities, so we made sure to cover the basics when it comes to the game, bonuses, and all-around live sessions that you can easily access after you complete your KYC.
- Live Roulette Casinos and deals are tested and analysed by our experts solely for the purpose of easing out your play and preventing your problems when gaming. There is a high chance that your Roulette will be bettered by the tips we have created for you on our designated page, so stay tuned for our texts and updates!
Classic table games at UK online casinos
A sufficient amount of variation when it comes to your gaming options should not limit itself to slots and Live Casinos; instead, it should include table games as well.
There is a wide range of opportunities in the online space
But since we don’t want to waste your time, we will only focus on two picks that are trendy in the UK player preference rank.
Two casino table games with details
|Game Type||Average House Edge||Average rollover contribution|
They both are quite similar since they are played on a casino table with bets derived from throwing dice.
Let’s start with trusted Craps casinos. We know all the insides that will help you gamble within safe requirements, even if you are not a pro at the game. With our guidance, you’ll find casinos and bonuses that you can tailor to your gameplay.
If you know for sure you want to play these games or know for sure you want to give them a try, stick to the recommendations our specialised Table Games contributors have prepared for you. It’s much harder to find good opportunities by yourself since these games are not present on all the best online casinos UK.
Alternatively, Sic Bo online casinos have been hand-picked into a list that covers all the basics of fair gaming at UKGC-approved standards. We only add a casino and its respective bonus to our list after claiming and testing the platform and the promotional material attached.
Top game providers according to CasinoAlpha’s standards
An important feature to consider when choosing any game from the types we’ve just presented is who created it.
Suppose you see that your game has been created by any of the providers from our table. If that’s your case, you can be certain that qualitatively the product is at a high standard and that you are protected by several layers of tests done by licensing and game-testing agencies.
Top UK game providers for the best online casinos UK
|Best online casinos UK||Year of establishment||Total number of games||Main game types||Total number of partnered casinos|
|Evolution||2006||+380||Table, Slots, Game Shows, Live Casino||+144|
|Playtech||1999||+700||Table, Slots, Live Casino, Bingo||+70|
|Microgaming||1994||+800||Slots, Table, Scratchcards, Live Casino, Bingo||+229|
|Pragmatic Play||2015||+190||Slots, Live Casino, Drops & Wins||+168|
|Big Time Gaming||2011||+30||Slots||+179|
We obviously couldn’t fit all the providers you’ll see while gambling on the regulated UK market. However, we did our own market research over the years and came up with 10 popular software creators that we think you will enjoy, considering they have many certifications and multiple gaming options of various kinds.
Step 4: What payment options are given to you?
Your money and the way you choose to spend it at a top online casino UK are of utmost importance.
This is why we closely monitor, verify and try out the options you have when it comes to games and casino bonus codes.
Close payment analysis for the best online casinos UK
|Payment provider||Type of transfer||Average payout wait||Usual usage|
|Visa||Bank||3-5 working days||Very often|
|Mastercard||Bank||3-5 working days||Very often|
|PayPal||e-wallet||1 day or less||Sometimes|
|Paybyphone||Via phone bill||1 day||Rare|
|Paysafecard||e-wallet||1 day or less||Sometimes|
|Skrill Moneybookers||e-wallet||1 day or less||Often|
|Boku||Via phone bill||1 day||Rare|
While we know that you probably already have a preferred way of depositing and cashing out money, or you’re going to have one after you experiment with some of the ones we just presented, that is not enough.
It is vital for any UK gambler to create their own gambling budget according to their total monthly budget and how much time they can dedicate to online gambling games.
This is where CasinoAlpha steps in with easy-to-use guidance tips regarding punting money
- Only stake amounts that you are comfortable losing. There is no guarantee that your session will include just streaks of wins. Thus, stake small sums and see how the rounds develop. Between the rounds, take small breaks.
- Never chase your losses. This wrongful idea is a consequence of “Gambler’s Fallacy” that gives you the illusion that after a series of losses comes the inevitable win. That is not true and not accurate.
- If your cash out takes several days to be completed, you might want to continue gambling with the funds you have in your player account. The solution is to play at fast withdrawal casinos UK since you only have to wait around a day to get your funds back to you. We have the safest selection that we hand-picked after trials and several transactions in and out.
- Your money is vital for your well-being, so even if we choose one of our partners, you need not spend too much. You can simply avoid this rookie mistake by depositing at a minimum deposit casinos. Luckily, we have an updated list of such sites, accompanied by their bonuses and our proficient opinion on how to use them wisely.
Keep a written history of what you have spent in the last week/last month of online stakes. It will be much easy to make sure you did not cross the line that fits your pocket and protects you from gambling addiction.
Step 5: Is the customer service on top of their game?
Like any business nowadays, UK online casinos need to give their customers assistance and guidance whenever they have a question or are facing a problem.
We know this firsthand
It is very frustrating to play at a casino and wait many hours (or worse, even days!) for it to get solved, especially when your money is frozen in a bet.
From our assessment, you can make your own decision and know before playing what are the possible outcomes for you.
The 3 usual ways to talk to a casino support agent are:
- Live Chat → A messenger service accessible when you are on the casino’s site (logged in or out of your account, depending on the online casino). Remember that you first need to talk to an AI robot in certain cases before reaching a human agent, and sometimes just the AI is available.
- Email → The brand creates a unique address where you can send your messages; it is advantageous when there’s a need to attach files to illustrate your issue properly. Ideally, you will receive a reply in 1 day.
- Phone number → Some casinos have set a particular call centre designed to help players interact more directly with the assistance agents. The cases where this is available are rarer by comparison with the first 2.
- Bonus options → In notable cases, you can reach out to the casino’s help team via other ends. Usually, they come in the form of Contact Forms, social media Direct Messages or Tags, Skype, YouTube, etc.
The sooner you ask for help, the better your chances of fixing it are
It will help you a lot if you reach out to an agent immediately after you encounter a problem, most importantly if there is a technical glitch with a game, a transaction, or something else platform-related. Some issues are time-sensitive!
Step 6: T&Cs decoded for newbies
Knowing what to look for in the casino T&Cs and in what order of importance the things come are essential for your smooth gameplay. We’re here to give you a short image of the required steps.
Never open an account and never stake your personal funds on sites that you have not read the Terms of. You need to know how your data and finances are handled to ensure fairness on all fronts.
You’ll most likely continue with making a payment
You need to read the “Payments” section carefully to find out aspects such as:
- What services can you use for deposits;
- What options you’ve got for withdrawals;
- How much do your transactions take;
- When fees appear and how much they are.
All these details will help you piece together a complete image of your casino spending, making it much easier for you to set up a budget and stick to it.
As a player read the casino’s “Bonus Policy”
You can know how to play within the regulated limits:
- How much money and time you will need to complete the rollover (and access cash-out)
- What bets and games are at your disposal
- Where can Support help you, etc.
The good news is that in each bonus we display on CasinoAlpha, we do this step before you do so that you can have our perspective as experienced punters on top of yours.
- You’ll need to do a thorough read of all that they post. Many casinos have unique rules they develop just for their site, and we cannot possibly cover all scenarios here!
- We do several checks of the casino’s rules before publishing any review or offer but you must read the Terms & Conditions and the additional policies yourself always.
How we review UK online casinos
Now that you’ve got your hand guide for picking the best casinos out of all the numerous options, it’s time to explain our strategies in making the UK gambling market better!
Your fund’s safety ↓
There are two ways we investigate that:
- We either find it noted in the T&Cs, where the online casino explains what will happen to your funds, bonuses and loyalty points in case of insolvency
- We dig deeper and search that in the owning company’s Terms.
When an online casino company creates a matrix for sites to work on, known as a Whitelabel, some information may usually be found on the company’s site rather than the casino itself.
We make this effort constantly because keeping your money away from harm is one of our topping priorities.
Your experience on multiple devices ↓
We’ve always wanted smooth gameplay on more than one gadget.
We’ve devised a plan we put into motion before we write our review
We take 3 devices (and sometimes even more) and access our player account on different iGaming sites to see how it performs.
What do we inspect?
We look for glitches that might slow down or freeze your gameplay, how well the images and animations fit your screen and if you can access all or some of the casino features.
We need this distinction because, over the years, we have noticed differences in how online casinos perform via different browsers or Internet connections.
You need to be ready to expect and face these discrepancies before starting a session.
Our process is transparently presented in our User Experience section through a table and explanations.
Game variation available at the best online casinos UK ↓
We know that gamblers want to have access to diversity more than other players. So, when we evaluate this aspect, we take a close look at the lobby and see if they have selections of the following:
- Slot games;
- Other table games like Craps, Sic Bo;
- Game show options.
Each of these options will have subsections that are a big plus. For instance, under Slots, UK punters will enjoy Progressives or Jackpots.
Do you want to see more about our standards for our UK market texts?
In that case, you can learn more from our Publishing Policies, where we present all the details of how we analyse, write, present, and advertise certain brands or aspects.
The payments section at UK online casinos and what it offers ↓
To cover all main preferences in terms of payments, trusted online casinos need to allow players to use a range that includes:
- Debit cards
- PayPal and alternatives
- Crypto wallets
What we do differently from others
We take small sums and transfer them with the available methods that a casino has and make sure that the process works how they describe it to be in the first place.
That is how we can tell you for sure if your experience will be uneventful or you might encounter troubles along the way, like delays in receiving your funds or ‘hidden’ fees and extra costs.
This is one of the many methods we employ to keep your budget safe and ensure that your initial calculations and sums kept for gaming remain unaltered throughout your gambling sessions.
How fast and helpful support is? ↓
Before we publish a trusted online casino review, we take each option from the help centre and talk to the agents there. In the rare cases where we don’t have any genuine query from the site or the site’s T&Cs, we ask them questions to see how fast and useful their replies are.
As much as we want to be your trusted aid in secure casino gaming, we won’t be able to answer your questions in real-time.
Where a helpful support agent comes in
There can most likely be cases when you encounter unusual situations or simply need some help understanding from the online casino site.
We are very thorough when we rate this aspect!
We take each option we have in a particular case and chat a while with the people in charge of resolving all the issues. We take into account clarity, politeness, UKGC standards, special training, and, very importantly, the time it took to finish a conversation.
Some casinos have given the support agents a special briefing to help punters avoid gambling addiction or, in more severe cases, stop playing for a set period of time.
Are the Terms and Conditions transparent at UK online casinos? ↓
We’ve read thousands of such pages. We know exactly how they should look, how they should be structured and what UKGC guidelines they should follow.
The main reasoning behind the project that is CasinoAlpha is making this tedious task easier for you. Our reviews are a user-friendly filter of much smaller sizes than the over 10000-word T&C documents. There, we extract the essentials and highlight where sites are not transparent or engage in any dubious activity.
If you are searching for a special issue or rule, you can open the page, press Crtl + F, and search for a keyword. While this is handy, don’t skip reading the whole thing since rules may conflict or have different priorities.
Harmless gambling: a CasinoAlpha Guide
You need to be knowledgeable in two main sections:
- The tools that are given by the casino to impose healthy limits
- Our real-life, applicable bits of advice
Please use a combination of both when you play!
The first batch is thought of and imposed by the UKGC after years of studies, and the second comes from players just like you. Combine theory and practicality for ensured results.
Responsible gambling tools in your player account
These allow you to set the limits you are comfortable with. They might be tied to how much you play time-wise or money-wise.
That’s why we’ve discovered a few features that should always be present in UKGC-verified casinos:
- Limits on how much you deposit in one single transaction or how much you deposit in a designated period of time (month, week, day, etc.).
- Loss limits that cut your access to the gaming lobby after you have lost a sum you’ve set beforehand, making misspending more manageable;
- Time limits on how much you spend logged in and browsing through the site’s entirety or how much time you’re actively playing the games available;
- Breaks from gambling that can range from a few hours to a few days;
- Self-exclusion periods, when you consensually agree with the casino for them to deny access to your gaming account between a few weeks and up to 6 months.
Although this is not a limit-related option, casinos must give you the option of Account Closure which is a more drastic version of self-exclusion that you can’t change your mind on after you’ve decided to take that route.
According to the new legislation, trusted online casinos need to protect minors from accessing their services. Usually, this is done via the Know Your Customer checks and the additional paperwork verification. In the same line, casinos are not allowed to advertise on platforms or hubs that have a high rate of child audiences.
Suppose you’re an adult and want to prevent and fight off gambling from your child’s proximity
In that case, we give you a complete guide on guarding children against iGaming using apps, software, emotional reassurance and skilled guidance. We strive to be a helpful source for your safety and the safety of your loved ones.
You can also use two other tools if you have them available:
- Reality checks – They are pop-up notifications that appear on your screen after a particular amount of time you spent logged in. They do not change your status or settings; they are just reminders.
- Calendar – At the top of each month, you can choose the settings that work for you in that particular month. These may include all we’ve covered already in terms of limits and more; each platform differs from the others in these aspects.
We vetted them and their usage.
Please note that this list cannot cover all the possibilities you might encounter on British online casinos! We’ve presented just the ones that are imposed by the licence and the most popular ones.
We share our secrets for balanced gaming
We’ve got a lot of CasinoAlpha resources that UK players can easily read and put into practice for a positive experience. Stay informed!
You first need to make sure that you’re treated fairly
Let’s say that in the terms you haven’t found anything fishy, but something unfair happens to you. Our first advice is to contact support and talk it out with them first. If you show them files and screenshots, you have more chances of successfully fix it.
What happens when you are unavenged by support?
That is when our dispute handling and solving guide comes in! Through our chart, you can trace your past events and future recommended steps in solving the unethical happening. We also show you where and how you should address your problem outside the casino.
Know your UK gambler rights!
No matter if you’re an experienced gabler or a newbie, you need to be informed on your rights & obligations in the online casino domain!
We don’t just list them and explain them but rather build a complex context on the current United Kingdom gambling legislation. Through our resource, you won’t let any casino step over what is allowed, and you’ll simply avoid the small and big mistakes you can make unknowingly.
You’re always reminded by CasinoAlpha to take breaks!
We’re very aware of the fact that gambling is an activity, that just like any other, can become harmful if done excessively or too intensely. We always encourage you to keep a healthy distance between you and your wagers and help you with materials to do so.
If you or someone close to you is affected by gambling addiction, you need to take action right away; the faster your intervention, the better the final result!
You can use our exhaustive list of over 100 responsible gaming places for any moment you’re confronted with a facet of this problem, be it at first symptoms, when things increase in intensity, or worse. We simply exhibit each one with an overview and show you how to contact them.
We let professionals handle the rest!
When you read CasinoAlpha’s guides about addiction, treatment, medicine, therapy and so on, note that they are peer-reviewed by professional therapists. When it comes to such vital and sensitive cases, we consult with pros in the domain.
Pocket-sized guide with safe-play actions
Copy this series of ideas and keep it in your device when you gamble for an easygoing experience:
- Stake small-sized bets on casinos, bonuses, and games you’re not familiar with.
- Make use of bonus opportunities that don’t require payment, like extra rounds and no deposit bonuses.
- Always set limits that help you achieve constant and long pauses between your gambling sessions.
- Only pick trusted online casinos that the UKGC verifies in terms of licencing and eCOGRA or iTechLabs in terms of fair game outcomes.
- Keep an eye on CasinoAlpha’s educational and blog sections to get the latest vital knowledge you need!
We under no circumstance advertise to children or young teens. The legal age for UK gambling is 18, and you should not be on this page (or any other on this site!) if you’re younger than that.
UK Gambling Market Today: Summarised Report
Let’s see what the latest data tells us in terms of overall UK gambling spending and GGY (Gross Gambling Yield), and addiction/recovery stats!
Outline of the current money flow
We cannot skip reviewing the data that the United Kingdom Gambling Commission has collected in the last few months to a year since the growth and preferences of the market are vital to our research and goals.
Even though the latest data saw a slight 0.6% decrease in the last term, the total GGY produces by just the UK market alone was £14.2 billion.
Out of this impressive sum, remote gambling, our sector of expertise, is the highest contributor. It gets almost close to a clean 40% which in GBP sums means over £5.7 billion. And completely opposed to the general trend, it actually slightly increased versus the past time with 8.1%.
The remote sports betting sector and the connected activities have decreased significantly by over 26%.
We have to make a remark about the role of Bingo and Lottery games and related activities (including The National Lottery). They are among the trendiest choices that we have observed through the years, and this is reflected in the numbers from the UK Gambling Commission.
Even though this is a profitable domain, many millions of the money made are transferred to charities in need.
In the last gambling season, over £366 million were donated to causes in need.
Gambling Health: a short survey of the past year
The general image is similar to the past decade. Let’s see the aspects that have stayed the same for quite some time:
- Male players have a higher tendency to be in the risk or addiction classes, even though close to 50% of UK residents gamble in some way once every four months.
- Online gambling and sports bets are the most prevalent actions when it comes to problematic gambling behaviour.
- White residents have a higher preference for casino activities as compared to POC classes, who gravitate more towards bookmaking.
- Before signing in treatment programs, UK risk-driven players spend over £2100 in a month (on a calculated average).
- Only a few decimal places differentiate between married, single, or in a relationship individuals, meaning that marital/romantic does not affect the issue significantly.
CasinoAlpha’s team of experts always looks and acts knowing that gambling addiction is a serious issue that has consequences over the gambler and those close to him. We aim at educating you so you can develop a sensible and appropriate approach to online gambling.
We always keep informed over the latest numbers through:
- Peer-reviewed research
- UKGC updates
- Real-life experiences
These sets of data will change over time. We make a promise to keep our content updated so you can access the latest number.
For more serious approaches and purely educational texts, we have a Guide section, and for more entertainment-prone news, we have our Blog section. From our upper-right drop-downs you will be able to see the latest news delivered in a clear, unbiased way.
CasinoAlpha’s role in the UK online casino industry
The starting point of our venture is to make it easier for UK gamblers to play their preferred games on sites that are fair and access promotions that are not created unfairly from the start.
We have experienced problems, struggles and headaches on our own
We don’t want you to go through any negative experiences. We can safely guide you to casinos that match your needs through our past background and deep-cut research while following the strict UKGC-imposed protocols.
So, here’s a shortlist of goals:
- Making the industry better by uncovering the disadvantages and shady businesses that rely on punters’ money.
- Promoting only UK-verified casinos after thorough testing of the entire product and its options.
- Educating the players in making smarter decisions will give them a better understanding of their psychological needs to avoid risk gambling and addiction.
- Educating the players in making smart and balanced financial decisions regarding gambling transactions, to know what’s safe, what’s volatile, and what works for their level of experience.
- Allowing access to a relevant and ever-growing hub of iGaming content that is meant to be resourceful.
- Finding the “Alpha casino”, meaning finding the best online casinos UK to play on (we have yet to complete this challenging task!)
We wish you a pleasant stay on our site, and remember always to gamble responsibly!